web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
This will sound like an operator error, but I was just there and witnessed it for myself.

Not an issue with auto-att.

Scenario:
A call comes in and requests to be transferred to employee A's mailbox. This usually works (call goes directly into A's vm box immediately after the call is transferred and operator releases the call. Sometimes, though, the caller will hear MOH(as if it was ringing a phone, but it does not ring anywhere) before it is transferred to an incorrect mailbox(Employee X).

Same problem with 2 or 3 other mailboxes. All problem calls going to Employee X's Mailbox.

Our Vice President/Lead Tech has been working on this, but has not come up with any answers.

Emagen box Ver. 10.3.11 4-port

Thankyou in advance for your replies.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
It sounds like they may have CFNA-Call forward no answer and or CFB- Call forward busy set up on the stations that are getting transferred to that are getting MOH. But I may be wrong.
One of the other guys may have some different info.

Administrator
Administrator
How are the calls answered? Live then transfer, Auto Attend, Script mailbox?

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
call telrad tech support they have a AIO file patch for this problem.

OP Offline
Calls come in Live then XFR to VM.

they are Emagen ver. 10.3.11
I know Telrad was bringing out a fix included in 10.3.12. The AIO will fix?

Is it on their FTP Site?

Thanks a lot

OP Offline
is the AIO file patch for IPEX or PC or both?

I went to another one of our customers today that just upgraded to emagen (10.3.11) who is having the same problem, but it is callers who are live transferred (to vm) to this range of extensions: 201 through 209, that go to vm box 220.

Both of these customers are very large clients.
1 is a 400
the one that just upgraded is a 1000 ksu

Neither are IPEX.

I don't know if that would have anything to do with it, but there are a lot of our customers with the same vm that have never complained about this. I would think that if it was a bug, others would experience it too.

Does this help?

Thankyou

Firstly, I like to give a little disclaimer that I am not formally trained on any of this. I just happen to have one of these things running at my place of work that I've had to coerce into working on a few occasions.
A quick an easy thing to check is your external volume. Log on to the web interface, click on registry, then parameters. On the list find "External Volume." When I got mine it was set to 2. Today it is set to 0. That did the trick for a similar problem I had once upon a time.... Of course, mine involved callers who were dialing into the tenant from outside - it sounds very similar, however.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
Transfer to Voice mail is the problem. Also this fixes the DTMF problem on auto ATT. Don't change the EXTERNAL VOLUME ON ANYTHING BESIDE 10.2.X or any PC. This is an IPEX Problem. You can change something in reggresty that might help but I've had no luck with it. If you want this info PRVT MSG ME.

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,382 Shoretel
189,089 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 177 guests, and 387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024