Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#174066 08/09/06 04:23 AM
jexec Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

Is there a way to setup an automatic backup scheme in eMagen?

Before, I just manually performed it but if I want to make a backup on a schedule it would make it so easier to have it perform automatically.

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#174067 08/09/06 04:38 AM
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
You can have someone write a program to run telnet and do the steps. One of the MIS guys for a company i did was able to do it at his site. The E-magen is on the network and the program he wrote is on his PC. I don't know how he did it but he said it was easy. But he's a Computer Wiz. Good Luck and if you find a way let me know.

#174068 08/09/06 02:16 PM
Administrator
Administrator
You have to remember the Emagen is linux (RedHat on the IPeX's) If you want custom apps thats how to do it.

#174069 08/10/06 02:46 AM
jexec Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the information!

#174070 08/22/06 02:18 PM
The Emagen has settings in the t3admin menu to allow regular unsupervised backups to tape drive or to another pc via ftp I believe. I haven't set one up in a while but at my past job I had a linux box setup as nothing but an ftp server for all our customers with Emagens to back them up every few days. They loved it and I made the ftp server out of a junky old p3-500 that was in the corner of the office being used as an end table.

Htown_tech

#174071 08/31/06 07:55 AM
jexec Offline OP
OP Offline
I will take a look at that menu, thanks!

#174072 09/06/06 03:01 AM
jexec Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by Htown_tech:
The Emagen has settings in the t3admin menu to allow regular unsupervised backups to tape drive or to another pc via ftp I believe. I haven't set one up in a while but at my past job I had a linux box setup as nothing but an ftp server for all our customers with Emagens to back them up every few days. They loved it and I made the ftp server out of a junky old p3-500 that was in the corner of the office being used as an end table.

Htown_tech
This is what I found in the emagen manual. I don't quite understand, is this saying as long as you setup the backup to go to an FTP site from choice #5, that it will automatically automate in the site parameters menu?

Backup to an FTP site
The system can backup itself and send the data, using ftp transfer to a remote location for safekeeping. To configure the ftp transfer, you will need to select option 5 of the t3adm as described above. It will then prompt you to enter the ftp parameters and will attempt to backup and send the data. Once this process is complete, the system will automatically perform the backup to ftp according to Site Parameters>Run Backup.
Here are the steps for backup and ftp:
1. Select option 5 of t3adm – System Backup. The system will inform you that the services will be stopped. The system will ask, “Do you want to copy backup with ftp” – answer Yes.
2. Enter FTP site – the IP address or the qualified name of the server.

3. Enter the file path on the server – the full path in which you want the data to be stored.
4. Enter the user name and password that allow access to the above path on the above ftp server. The system will show you the login and path. Next, the system will perform the backup and attempt to copy the file to the ftp site.

The system will ask, “Do you want to copy the backup in to the Tape?” if you have a tape backup mounted on the system, you can specify Yes. Once this procedure is complete, the system will automatically repeat it in the housekeeping procedure. To change any of the ftp parameters, simply repeat this process.

Right now, under my Site parameters menu, there is no choice fro Run Backup. If I take the above procedure will it just automatically appear?

Thanks!

#174073 09/06/06 10:45 AM
Administrator
Administrator
When you choose 5 System Back up from the t3adm it will prompt you step by step.

#174074 09/12/06 03:30 AM
jexec Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by SSPhone:
When you choose 5 System Back up from the t3adm it will prompt you step by step.
I got it! Thanks! smile

I setup the FTP on the windows server side and put int he parameters on the VM side. After it worked once, I was able to go into site parameters and choose the exact time.

Thanks a lot for all your help! smile

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024