web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#174852 11/12/07 04:51 AM
OP Offline
Hiya, does anyone program their own chips? I've just bought a Stag 803 programmer (cheap!) and am poised to buy the flash devices and have a go. This area seems to be a minefield and I'm hoping I've not wasted £££'s ($$$$$$'s). Your advice appreciated as always. Cheers Andy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
I upgrade the chips right through the System (flash Chips). It does matter what version the system is. I'm not sure what Chips you are trying to upgrade.
The e-pron chips have to be programed through a sperate unit. I've never done it because I've always purcahsed them right from Telrad.

Administrator
Administrator
I just did the same thing Andy. But did the safe way found out what Telrad uses a Advin and bought the same. The unit I have does eprom and has a adapter for the PLCC32 chips and best of all it's USB so it is a lot faster.
A word of warning dont do what I did the other night. Test your chips before you take the to the field. frown

OP Offline
Originally posted by SSPhone:
I just did the same thing Andy. But did the safe way found out what Telrad uses a Advin and bought the same. The unit I have does eprom and has a adapter for the PLCC32 chips and best of all it's USB so it is a lot faster.
A word of warning dont do what I did the other night. Test your chips before you take the to the field. frown
Nightmare! How many types of chip do you use? I've taken out a few from ULD cards, etc and there seem to be a few different types. Telrad UK say to use AM29F010 and AM29F040, does this sound familiar? Cheers Andy

jd Offline
Hi Andy
We were using Atmel chips am 29f010b for the uld
and fo40b for mpd never had any trouble with them was using a cheap usb programmer got off ebay will dig it out and get the make have the bin files if you need
you need bin files if the card is of a certain vintage otherwise you can use the hex files with software download part of unite
jd

jd Offline
Yeah Andy
The programmer is
TOP 2004
supports AM29F010B (ATMEL)AM29F040
you need an adaptor for these chips which are 5v
eproms can be bought from https://ie.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp
top 2004 can also program the bigger chips ie ELD
but you need an ultraviolet eraser to blank these first be sure to use the (bin)Binary files if using the programmer to make chips. And hex with software download.
good web forum for programmers
https://www.mcumall.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2
cheers jd :toast:

OP Offline
Thanks JD. I've been messing around with old chips unsuccessfully coz I didn't realise you had to blank them first! I've the latest bin and hex files from Telrad, but can't find documentation on which files are which.

My aim is to burn older version MPD (v7) and latest card software versions.

Andy

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
I have a 1.4 mpd chip, sb 7.36 and smb7.36 memory chips. PM me if you are interested.

Administrator
Administrator
Tony
Send them to me if you want I will burn them with 7.42 so you can upgrade some of you customers. Can't use 7.2X stuff because it is only 4 chips where 7.36 and up are 6.

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,575 Shoretel
189,447 CTX100 install
187,612 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024