web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Mark8 Offline OP
OP Offline
I would like to add 4 more digital phones (with new DN numbers) to my Digital Key BX system, using its 2 remaining unused ports (out of total of 8 ports). I tried connecting a new phone to one of the two unused ports, by simply copying the wiring used for the existing phones, but the newly added phone will not function and just displays the message "ST. NOT DEFINED". I think the system is a model 818, although I'm not absolutely sure (the memory module on the MPD card is labeled "Release SB3.05C"). How can I give the added phone a new DN and make it work with the system?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
You need the programming software! sb 3.10

We be happy to help you out!!

Mark8 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks very much for your reply! I'm a novice at phone systems, and while I've done wiring outside the phone box, this is the first time I've opened up the box. I'm also very good at computers, but I'm unsure whether I'm getting in over my head here. I'd appreciate answers to the following additional questions:

1. How difficult would this programming task be? Is is simple like setting up a wireless Internet router (all menu-driven with intuitive menus), or at least simple enough that you could walk me through the procedure? I don't have a programming manual, and I don't want to spend a lot of time reading a thick manual.

2. It appears that I'd have to spend about $65 for a programming kit. Is this correct, or could I program the Telrad box without the kit, by making my own programming cable, for example?

3. How can I tell what model of Telrad phone box I have, so that I may order the correct programming kit? Can you confirm from the information on the MPD card (Release SB3.05C, 19.06.94 date, Cat no. 76-110-3350/5) whether it is indeed a model 818?

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
You need to purchased the software and some tech support from anyone of the moderators or administrators. Anyone one of us will be able to walk you through the tasks listed above.

Administrator
Administrator
Originally posted by Mark8:

3. How can I tell what model of Telrad phone box I have, so that I may order the correct programming kit? Can you confirm from the information on the MPD card (Release SB3.05C, 19.06.94 date, Cat no. 76-110-3350/5) whether it is indeed a model 818?
The top tab on the MPD is it Red and has MPD 818 printed on it? I think you posted also the Memory cart is SB3.05. SB would be 128/S60 (S60 is a 128 MPD in a 818 cabinet). If it is a orange tab it is a 128.

Mark8 Offline OP
OP Offline
SSPhone, thank you for the explanation of the model numbers. It appears that I have a 128/S60, because the MPD card has an orange tab that is labeled "MPD" only. (Also, the power supply says "For use on S60 and S818 systems only," so it is an S60.)

Now I understand clearly what is required to add the four extensions. Although I will not be doing it immediately, when when we are ready to do it, I know I can contact one of the helpful experts here for the needed software and tech support. Thanks again!

Administrator
Administrator
Mark
In fact you can add up to 32 extensions in the single cabinet with the 128 MPD (S60= 28 lines x 32 stations)

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,400 Shoretel
189,146 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 443 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024