web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#179182 01/06/05 06:37 AM
OP Offline
We would like to put a button on the DKTphone that a user would press anytime they leave their office that would show up on the receptionist desk. However unlike DND we do not want to disable the functions of the phone or have it say DND on the LCD. Just a light. Any suggestions?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

None from me.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
I wonder if you program the button as a line appearance (like line 16) and not have any dial tone to it, if it will stay lit until they repress it off? It will show the rec that they are on the phone?

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
What functions are you worried about if he's gone anyway? I just programmed CO12 on my DK40 and Ingeneius's idea will work, although you will take up a button on each phone. And as long as he has it lit, that phone won't receive any pages, BGM, Intercom, etc. Just like DND. Also calls transferred to his phone will go to his busy greeting in Voicemail! Just like DND.

I don't see any way around it.......yet!

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
Not to mention that that would double the number of DSS buttons/lights that you need at the operator position if you still want to be able to see when the person is at their desk, but is on the phone.
I have to ask, why do you want the phone to still function if they are away from their desk? Why not use DND?

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

OP Offline
There are several reasons why we don't want to use DND. One is that we park calls on extensions when people are away from their desks. This allows people to be paged and to know where to find their calls. It allows them to park calls on their own extensions and then return to their desks and continue the conversations or to park the calls and then leave their desk and pick the calls up at another desk. The DND doesn't allow for the parking of calls, which is very necessary with the movement of people around the offices and warehouses.

The other reason is more emotional, in that the management doesn't want phones on DND because that infers that the receptionist should page, call, etc, because the employees should"not be disturbed"

bout all thats left is to move that persons desk closer to the Recept.

OP Offline
Well, that wasn't what I wanted to hear. Moving the whole office in front of the receptionist is certainly not an option.

If anyone comes up with any suggestions, I would appreciate them. When I bought the System I was told that they could get it to work. Now I am being told no way.

You were my last hope.

voyager
can she still park calls on a busy extension?
m

Should be able to park a call in a vacant park location and pick it up from any station. As long as you know the assigned park zone. Parking a call has nothing to do with being busy.

I'm still thinking about this one......I love a challenge! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024