web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#179302 01/19/05 11:07 PM
Bazza Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all i'm relatively new to telecoms and have only been in the profession 2 yrs so a lot of the ideas and setups around telephone systems...especially the CTX 100, sometimes send me around the bend. Basically my problem goes like this. I would like to send a DDI to ring at 200 first...no problem, then if 200 is busy I would like it to ring at 206, if that is busy I want it to ring 202, if that is busy it will ring all phones. Originally I have set up a hunt group on Circular with that hunt order in place. My main problem with this is that on an internal call to any of these exts the call behaves within the hunt group so if someone calls 200 internally and it is busy it hops onto 206 and so on. What i'd lke to know is does anyone have an easy to understand 'guide' as to Toshiba hunt groups and how they behave. Also does anyone have any other suggestions as to attain this easy request from a telephone system. Bearing in mind if 200 is busy when a call comes in then clears the call before a second call in in answered I'd like 200 to be able to pick the 2nd call up. Hope this makes sense. Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding this [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[Linked Image from clearlinetelephones.co.uk]
success = hard work, dedication and a lump of devotion
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#179303 01/20/05 12:20 AM
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Please complete your profile.....

What software level is the CTX? (Prog. 901)

In Hunt Group Programming (Prog 209) DISABLE FB06 for Multiple DN Hunting. That will prevent internal calls from hunting when you dial an extn. number.

Set Hunt method (fb01) TO SERIAL. Now all calls to the hunt group will always start at extn. 200.

Create a System Call FWD table (ie: 4) for busy to Multiple Call Group group containing all stations. Program Hunt Group SCF to 4 (FB05). I haven't tried this in practice, but it should work.

[This message has been edited by Voyager (edited January 20, 2005).]

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
#179304 01/20/05 03:55 AM
Bazza Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the prompt reply. I've tried that setup back at our office but even with Multiple DN set to disable i'm having hunt group behaviour on internal calls. I've set up exactly as you mentioned with the method as serial.

The Version is MH109

[This message has been edited by Bazza (edited January 20, 2005).]

#179305 01/20/05 05:12 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If you are using system call forwarding, uncheck the internal option under call type.

#179306 01/24/05 03:46 AM
Bazza Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies guys. I don't currently have any call forwarding of any kind on the system. Im probably going to alter the setup and place them into a multiple calling group they already have gco keys so have the visibility of ringing lines and I really need to sort out this internal hunting when the receptionists extension is busy. This will eliminate that problem.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 106 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024