web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
OP Offline
On a DK280, I had a recent problem come up where DTMF is not passing from a digital set to a single line set, when the digital calls the single line. I confirmed this by clipping my butt set on in line with the single line set to monitor for DTMF. If I get on another single line extension with my butt set and call the original single line set, DTMF is passed without a problem. Is there a DTMF receiver/generator built into the digital card that is different than what the single line uses as a generator? I am trying to diagnose where the problem is so if I need to replace something, I can replace the right component. Can anyone give me any diagnostic tips for this? Thanks!

UPDATE: It sounds like maybe the DTMF receiver on the single line port, because a call from the same digital set to a different single line set passes DTMF. So it sounds like, if there is 1 DTMF receiver per single line port, the receiver for that specific single line port is bad. So I guess now what I need to find out is whether or not Toshiba has 1 receiver built onto the board for every single line port on the board. Thanks again!

[This message has been edited by 5years&counting (edited February 02, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

JBW Offline
Just for kicks see if led 19 is lit in prgrm 35 for the digital port.
JBW

OP Offline
I'm not back onsite yet, but what is that specific program? What is this checking on? Thanks!

make sure rrcs is connected tight on the proc. then make sure in program 03 that you have the right code for rrcs on the proc. not likely to have a bad rrcs (dtmf card).

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Also look at program 31 led 17 which provides end-to-end signaling of dtmf tones on a per station basis.

JBW Offline
Sorry my memory failed me. Phonemeister's post was what I was trying to recall. Program 31 led 17 for the digital station may need to be lit.
JBW

Actually, I believe, Program 31 LED 17 should be applied to the single-line port that needs to receive the tones.

If you think about it the DK is mostly a digital system - there is no DTMF between the digital phones and the main box.
The DTMF receiver (RRCS) mentioned is not involved here - it's job is to take the tones from the Analog / single-line equipment and translate it to digital for further processing.

Toshiba apparently decided that a single line telephone had no need to hear incoming tones, so that they spend the processing power only if you need it to control a voice-mail system. (What else would need to receive DTMF tones/controls from a digital station?)

I hope you guys don't mind my 2 cents worth...but jknichols is absolutly right. The tech with the problem must be trying to implement some other application with the single line phone. I can't think of any reason you'd want to send DTMF to a S/L port unless it's for Voice mail. Program 31 LED 17 will solve your problem. Remember to activate it for the station that will recieve the DTMF...not for those sending the DTMF Happy Installs

------------------
Phone Genius https://www.phonesbyasap.com

OP Offline
That is correct. This application is for voicemail. That's how we learned of the problem. We have not been back to the site to check the above mentioned programs. I appreciate the feedback, as well as any additional input. I will try and provide an update once we get it figured out. Thank you.

JBW Offline
Sorry for my bad info. JKNICHOLS and the technician who posted before my last reply are correct. I should have checked my manual because my memory obviously isn't working well.
my mistake.
JBW

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024