web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello, I am new to this board and I am hoping someone out there can help me answer my question. At our office, we use the Toshiba EKT6520-SD and we have misplaced our manual. Can someone pls tell me how I can transfer a call to voicemail at a certain extension when that extension is on another call? Example: when a customer calls and requests for ext201 and that line is busy, the customer will ask me to transfer them to ext 201's voicemail. I do not know how so I must always tell that customer to hang up, call our # again then dial ext201 then he/she may leave a voicemail. Same thing when a customer calls and requests for a certain extenstion and that person is away from their desk. Pls tell me how I can do this..I'll greatly appreciate the info.
Thank you!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Use the cnf/trn button then extension # then hang up.

OP Offline
Thank you for your reply keithpaul. I tried what you advised me; I pressed conf/trns then the ext of the line that was on another call. However, instead of transferring to voicemail, the display simply said ext busy and that was it. Am I missing something?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The display will read busy because the target extension is in use. But as soon as you release the call (hang up) after hearing the busy signal, the call will ring on that extension even thought it's in use. If the target extension is call forwarded to voicemail, then the call will end up in the mailbox of the person you transferred to.

If you got a busy signal it sounds like you do not have the phone call forwarded to voicemail, it should ring not get a busy signal. What is the model number of the KSU? What is the model number of the voicemail?

[This message has been edited by keithpaul (edited April 04, 2005).]

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If the target phone has call-forward no-answer set then you will hear a busy tone.

OP Offline
Thank you to all that replied.
keithpaul:
How do I know what the model #'s are? (and what is KSU?)
phonemeister: When I hung up the call, that call didn't transfer to voicemail..there was just dead air. I know because I tried by calling the office with my cell phone.

KSU=The main control unit, and the model number would be like DK8, Dk14, DK16, DK40, DK280, or DK424. The voicemail will be an external box if you have a DK8, 14, 16, or 40 or a card inside KSU if you have a DK280 or 424.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
When you released the call does the target phone ring? The caller may hear "dead air" if the phone system is programmed for Music on Hold instead of ringback tone during transfers and your music source is not working.

OP Offline
keithpaul: I cannot get to the model # of our main control unit..the unit is bolted into the wall and I'm guessing the model# is on the side facing the wall...the software we use for our phone is comet 2000. does that piece of info tell you anything?
phonemeister: When I released the call, there was no ring..On my side there was that busy signal beep beep sound and on the caller's side there was just dead air.
Thank you for your continuing replies both of you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024