web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#180041 04/07/05 02:58 AM
OP Offline
We have the Toshiba EKT 6520-SD electronic key phone. System is DK56. One of the employees at my office forgot the password to her voicemail. She hasn't been able to retrieve her messages for a few weeks now..Is there anyway to fix this? To reset the password somehow?
Thank you!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Voicemail box 999 is your administrator box, go in this box and use option 8 then go to the user option and reset the user id`s password. It will default to the xxx plus the default box xxxs password. example xxxxxx. Sorry but i can`t be too detailed because of passwordsnto being posted on this forum.

Sorry Keith...Too much information......

[This message has been edited by Voyager (edited April 07, 2005).]

OP Offline
Thanks again keithpaul for your help! As soon as I can get the password for the admin voicemail box from my boss, I will try what you have instructed.

OP Offline
I just asked my boss and he didn't even know an administrator box 999 existed! Is there anyway to get into the admin box w/o the password?
Or any chance I can solve my problem by using the computer that is set-up to our phone system? We use software called Comet2000.

You have mail.

JBW Offline
I think comet2000 is an older version of comet voice mail software. On my newer version of comet, from my computer keyboard I press escape to shut down the voice mail system and then y to cofirm. This takes me to a dos prompt. I type vmmaint and press enter and this takes me to a menu where I can edit my mailboxes. To edit my mailbox 203 I have to enter 1203 for the mailbox number. You should be able to see the current password without making any changes to the system. I then back out to a dos prompt and type comet and push enter. This restarts the voice mail program.
This works on what I have and I am assuming comet2000 is your voice mail system.
JBW

OP Offline
Thank you JBW! Before I try what you have instructed, a question..If I shut down the voicemail system, will it affect all the phone lines in my office?

JBW Offline
Yes, the voice mail will be down on all phones
and the auto attendant will not answer incoming calls. The entire down time for me would be less than a minute. The manual for the comet system can be found on the internet. Do a search for stok software inc or comet voicemail.
JBW

OP Offline
To keithpaul and JBW..thank you for all your help. We were finally able to fix this issue. JBW, I followed what you told me and it worked! I really appreciate all the help the two of you gave me. If I have any other issue (and I'm sure we will since we have no manual in the office),I'll be sure to contact you again. Thanks again!

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,564 Shoretel
189,433 CTX100 install
187,601 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024