web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We are the proud owners of an upgraded toshiba system to the latest ctx series with the ies32 and all that melarchy...

Our key is the unified messaging.. to our HUGE dissapointment, the unified messaging client for outlook was Vastly outdated, and Extremely weak.. I just recieved a beta version of one that is now Outlook 2003 compatable, but i see No difference at all.

My questions are:

Does anyone have this installed, and have the caller-id information in the unified messaging emails (From etc ... instead of Unknown@unknown)..

Plus we want to use the fax server, but there is NO way to keep track of Sent Faxes... SO WEAK.. $60 grand and cant even do that a $10 fax program for windows can do..

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated...

Network Administrator
Simon Paston & Sons Agency
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The smtp server name should be specified in the Stratagy configuration. That's why you get the @unknown. If you have caller id, it won't be sent with your email by default. It has to be enabled in the CTX.

I've got a client that's using the old UM client with outlook 2003 on one machine, installed and works fine. Won't even install on another identical machine. Go figure...

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
OP Offline
Yes i have had similar issues. I have 50 pc's, the client didnt install the same on ANY of them, and they are all the same exact make, model, speed, os, everything.

The client is the cheapest, worst designed office addon i have ever seen!!

The beta i got has the following fixes from the readme file:

VMES-1425 UM Fax Client form becomes disabled in Outlook XP (2002) and Outlook 2003. This was released in old installer(s) in R4 and R5 but new installer only requires one version and decides which UNIMSClient to install.
VMES-1426 When SES Proprietary message is received while Outlook is closed, the custom form will not be displayed when the message is opened by double-clicking on it.
This was released in old installer(s) in R4 and R5 but new installer only requires one version and decides which UNIMSClient to install
VMES-1427 When there are no email messages in the Outlook in-box, and a SES Proprietary UM message is received, the Stratagy custom form is not displayed when the message is opened.
This was released in old installer(s) in R4 and R5 but new installer only requires one version and decides which UNIMSClient to install
VMES-1428 Outlook client installer does not report enough information from Install shield. New installation technology (Installer for Windows)
VMES-1430 XP SP2 client machine can no longer "Uninstall" the Outlook form. This problem will no longer occur in new installer technology.
VMES-1431 XP [SP2] client does not display the "custom form" Icon if Outlook is open when the message arrives. Running new StratagyES Outlook Custom Form from Start menu will fix this.
VMES-1432 Form installation issues on one particular XP [SP1] client machine required multiple un-install / install procedures to correct. This should not happen after installaton of new installer
VMES-1433 Stratagy ES User Information is not updated during Outlook client installation. Verified fixed.
VMES-1434 New Outlook client installer prevents R4 Admin from executing on the Client machine.
Verified fixed.
VMES-1437 Outlook installer requires the "current" email "profile" be the one logged into to work properly after installation. Running new StratagyES Outlook Custom Form from Start menu will fix this.

--

Now the funny thing is, I uninstalled the old client on my pc, and the new one WONT even install without Erroring out... It is making me sick..

I had called and tried to get in touch with Adam Durant, who is the VP of toshiba's phone division, to no avail, altho he has a great secretary, she was so nice.

I think I invested $50,000+ in a LEMON. All the brochures looked like everything worked great, and were now stuck!

Network Administrator
OP Offline
Phonemeiser can u tell me how to enable the caller id info in the email in the CTX?? I have the winadmin software and es admin on my pc!

Plz help!

Also we use an in house exchange 2003 server, which has the proper IP in the setup.

Network Administrator
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I suggest that you have your vendor come back out and help you take care of your problems. If you have caller id, have the technician turn on FB04 in program 579. If you can't reinstall your UM, have the tech call Toshiba's tech support. They've helped me with a similar problem which turned out involving me getting into the registry. I would have never figured that out unless I had called tech support. Have the tech enter the smtp server name in the Stratagy config so that it doesn't read @unknown in the sender field. Ask tech support if he doesn't know where it is. I strongly suggest that you try to resolve your issues using your vendor and Toshiba's tech support first.

OP Offline
Thank you SO much phonemeiser.. The Toshiba tech was here this morning, dropped off some parts, and he said he just read about that program on the toshiba message boards.. He turned it on and now the caller id info is coming into my Outlook too3 in this format:

phone_6315555555, which should work Fine!

Thank you!

Now if I can only get the outlook client to work like its suppose to , we would be good ot go!

Network Administrator
OP Offline
meiser one other question, we got the caller id into on the voice mail side now, but the faxes still come thru Unknown@ .. Is there a seperate setting for that??

Its driving my damn symantec spam filter insaine!

Network Administrator
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Have you enter the smtp server name in the Stratagy config?

pmc Offline
Wow....so many problems. I'm just a user but one day I would like this system so I though I would check this out...

About Symantec - you should be able to do a white list using the up of the phone system. If not that, then do a white list by the "from" the phone system is using.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024