web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
lb63640 Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a Statagy ies32 system. We use WinAdmin CTX100 installed on a W2K PC, which worked fine until last week when I needed to use it [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

We've lost the ability to use the WinAdmin software to change the display names on the phones.

All I get now is a hateful error message popup window: "Failed to connect to CTX. check the following items...(blah, blah)"

I can ping the IP where that server is, but no joy when I use the software. The tech is supposed to come see us next week, but I'll make my boss happier now if I can hack through this and change the displays on the phones of couple of people who are no longer with us.

I haven't rebooted the phone system yet. Should I give that a try?

Any help appreciated!

No matter where you go, there you are. Buckaroo Banzai
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
This has happened to me before and recycling the power on the CTX did the trick. BUT...you have an IES32 voicemail inside the CTX which needs to be gracefully shutdown and powered off before you recycle the power. Btw, if you have CTX software release 2.22 you can change the display names via a display phone.

lb63640 Offline OP
OP Offline
Phonemeister, thanks! After working hours, I'm going to power cycle. I know the sequence to power-off/power-on, so I'll be in good shape. I just needed a nod of encouragement that it might prove beneficial.

Thanks to everyone who posts answers for those of us seeking information. I've learned an incredible amount in the 9 months I've mostly lurked here.

lb63640 Offline OP
OP Offline
Phonemeister is my hero. Power cycling the system resolved my problem.

I know this is an old post, but wondered if there is another way to "reboot" just the ethernet port? The system (Strata CTX and Stratagy ES) still works(incoming/outgoing calls and voicemail), but just the "interface" is locked up.
Instead of taking down the whole PBX and voicemail, is there a way to reboot the NIC? I was told that this NIC can get locked up if I just close out of the Strata CTX WinAdmin by using the "X" close in the upper rh corner of the windows instead of using HOME, then EXIT buttons in the software.
My idea comes from knowledge that some routers/switches are able to "reboot" individual ports and hoped someone found an alternate solution instead of having to reboot both PBX and VM systems.
Sorry for long reply and thanks in advance for any other ideas!

Sometimes getting into programing through the phone will help on this problem. get in access a program then exit.

Yes but I have also caused the system to reboot on it's own just by checking IP address throught phone programming.

I have not ever cleared the problem by entering and then exiting programming, but I have heard of others doing it.

Although I have heard some theories that improperly exiting WinAdmin will cause the problem, I believe it is primarily the Statagy, because I have ONLY seen then when connected to a Stratagy ES voicemail.

There is an update that fixes it.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Yoda), 138 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024