web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Does anyone know how to correct this problem? I am programming a new CTX670, with a BCTU running 3.1. Every time I try to program System -- Card Assignment (Prog. 100), and click "assign" to try to change a value, I get this error:

"VBScript CTX Error. The specified class was invalid."

If I go into button programming, then the cards are correctly assigned. Interestingly, only the first card came up correctly assigned after initialization. I had to manually program the others.

When I go into Card Assignment in CTX WinAdmin, all of the slots show "Empty Slot or RRCU", and every time I try to reassign, I get the above error.

I am using Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 1. I have tried another computer, also running Service Pack 1. I have tried CTX WinAdmin versions 2.22A 18 and 2.22A 20, with exactly the same results.

Anybody have an idea? Thanks.

Charles

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

So when you wipe the system out, and try to re-initialize the system, it doesnt auto-populate the cards? possibly a license issue? what cards are in the system?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I came across this very same problem. My WinAdmin worked fine everywhere else but just this one site. So I re-initialized the switch and reprogrammed it. The problem went away for the most part. Every now and then I'll get an error like yours mostly after I do a copy.

If I read your post correct you are using the lastest and greatest 3.1 software(this is the new CIX software for 100/670) this requires the new CIX admin program. You can get it off FYI

OP Offline
Thanks for the responses. A little more data:

CTX WinAdmin connects to the system just fine. So far, Card Assignment is the only thing I can't access via CTX WinAdmin, but that makes me a little afraid to install the system -- I don't want to get in the middle of all of the elaborate programming and then find that there is something critical I can't access.

When I connect via CTX WinAdmin, I see: "System Type: Basic CTX670, Software Version: AR3.10 MK024.00"

So, I think that makes it at CTX, not a CIX. I think you need an LCTU for a CIX? Or is that true? Probably irrelevant, though.

It's not (or shouldn't be) a license issue: Here's what's in the system:

S101: BDKU/BDKS
S102: BDKU/BDKS
S103: RSTU2
S104: RCOU/RCOS
S105: RCOU/RCOS

The basic license (out of the box) is for 64 ports. Those cards add up to 56. Also, after my original post I initialized using button programming (Prog 900 Level 1) instead of via WinAdmin, and the system did auto-populate the cards.

Any more ideas? Thanks!

Charles

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Breed is right, you should be using the CIX admin. If using version 3.1 on a CTX, it is referred to as a CIX100 or CIX670.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonemeister:
Breed is right, you should be using the CIX admin. If using version 3.1 on a CTX, it is referred to as a CIX100 or CIX670.</font>

eManager will work for both CTX (Ver 2.XX) and CIX (Ver 3.1). It's about a 70+ meg download.

All new CTX 100 or 670 systems are now shipped with ver 3.1 and are considered a CIX (except a CTX-28)

Also, as far as Tech support from Toshiba, if you install a LIPU card, then you need to be CIX certified.

Without an LIPU, a CTX cert will work for free tech support with ver 3.1, even if they call it a CIX now.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 104 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024