web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
IsoLate Offline OP
OP Offline
I was asked by my current employer to expand a CTX100 from 8 to 16 stations. I purchased and installed a BDKS, 8 DKT-3020-SD handsets, and WinAdmin. I installed the BDKS and added the eight stations. The original 8 station assignments were all DKT-3010-SD. When I attach any of the new 3020's they light up like Christmas trees and display "connection denied" ,but when I attach any of the previous 3010's at any station they function correctly. Is there some initialization procedure for the newly added phones? Any input would be greatly appreciated as my employer is counting on being in full service by Mon.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

So everywhere a 3010 works, a 3020 does not? And the 3010s work on the new stations? Thats odd, I've swapped phones (3010, 3020, SD or S) all the time with no problem (unlike a Mitel).
The only difference is 10 buttons or 20. The only place in programming is in DKT, keystrip (7,10,14 or 20). Some installers leave it at 20, even with a 3010s and works fine.

I'll assume a few things:
That you properly installed the BDKS ontop of a BDKU.
That you change the card assignment from BDKU to BDKU/BDKS (removing the BDKU assignment first)
Licensing problems would pop up as soon as you tried to program the new stations.
That you know how the BDKS is wired on the block (every pair starting on pr 17, not skipping pairs like BDKUs first 8 circuits)

Usually you plug in a phone to an active circuit, and it works, unless it's IP (Which DKTs are not.

So either you are lying, or it's a problem I haven't seen before. I'll look into it and assume the later.

You will just have to tell your employer that all the new DKT-3020-SD phones are defective, and shouldn't have bought them from a swapmeet

Good luck on Monday

(I hope humour is allowed here)

IsoLate Offline OP
OP Offline
You assumed everything correctly, except that I was lying. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] I spent a great deal of time collecting and reading all the documentation before proceeding. I correctly installed the BDKS piggyback on the BDKU and removed then changed the card assignment to BDKU/BDKS. The 3010's work on all station assignments including the newly assinged 9-16 and the 3020's don't work anywhere. The phones were purchased at a reputable dealer brand new. I actually purchased 3010's and they shipped 3020's and I wasn't about to complain. You were also correct that the original installer had the left the 3010 keystrips on 20. Am I correct in assuming that the phones should work as soon as I plug them in when the station is assigned properly or is there some key sequence that I need to program into the phone keypad? I have review about 1600 pages of manuals and cannot find any information about a "connection denied" error.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The 3020 phones that you got are made to be used in a country other than the US. So if the 3020 phone is labeled as DKT3020C-SD, for example, it won't work in the US. Go back to the supplier and get the right phones.

IsoLate Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you! I was just about to post that that the actual model # is DKT3020C-SD if it made any difference and now I see that it does. Thanks again.

The phones you bought will only work in Canada, Ditto what phonemeister said

Just think, there could be someone in Canada wondering why his new phones don't work. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,290 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
dexman 4
teleco 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 137 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024