Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I got a D-Link model 524 that works for me. I don't think they make that model anymore but try them anyway. Just make sure you can return it from wherever you bought it if it doesn't work for you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I've got an Aztech 305EW at home that works OK. ADSL modem, router, wireless AP, 4 port switch in 1 device. Bought it at a sale around USD$62.

- alfee -
will23 Offline OP
OP Offline
phonemeister - i picked up a 524 last night and i've got the IPT running though it in under 20 mins - hot damn! i spent almost 4 times that just on the phone with linksys tech support. thanks for the recommendation!!

alfee - thanks, see above. ...but, maybe we should start an "unofficial list of routers that work with the IPT". smile

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Nice! Glad to be of help.

I had the same problem! Thanks for the tip

We had the Linksys problem with the WRT54 wireless routers. We bought a BES model (switch and router only)and the IP phone works fine.

had the same problem with the wrt54 as well..

the older linksys always worked great..

I guess there is a conflict of interest now that linksys is in the voip business

PBX Battery backup systems

www.telcom1.net
Do not try to connect an IP phone to the later model Linksys routers. I spent HOURS wrestling with this and kept getting IPU Connect Error messages. This also happened with a late version Netgear. I am not sure which routers work and which ones don't, but it seems that models from a year or two ago work better.

An easy test to see if the router is the problem is to plug the IP phone directly into the cable or DSL modem, reboot everything one at a time, make sure the IP phone is set to "obtain IP address automatically" and see if the phone comes up.

A 3 month old thread, but to clearify:

SPI firewalls (Stateful Packet Inspection) will interfere with Toshiba IP. Toshiba is well aware of the issue. Netgear routers will usually give you the option to disable it, and then will work ok with Toshiba IP.

Linksys WRT54G wireless router, I believe ver 5 or higher, has SPI built-in with no way to disable it. It's best to avoid those routers. It is possible that other Linksys routers also have SPI built -in, but I have not heard of any specificaly.

I have heard that Toshiba is trying to work with Linksys, with no results yet.

Originally posted by newtecky:
A 3 month old thread, but to clearify:

SPI firewalls (Stateful Packet Inspection) will interfere with Toshiba IP. Toshiba is well aware of the issue. Netgear routers will usually give you the option to disable it, and then will work ok with Toshiba IP.

Linksys WRT54G wireless router, I believe ver 5 or higher, has SPI built-in with no way to disable it. It's best to avoid those routers. It is possible that other Linksys routers also have SPI built -in, but I have not heard of any specificaly.

I have heard that Toshiba is trying to work with Linksys, with no results yet.
You nailed it. I will try and load DD-WRT on a spare WRT54g(ver. 7 or 8 i believe) and see if that fixes it. I suspect it will.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,666 CTX100 install
187,871 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 98 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024