Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello everyone,
I have a computer in the company that has windows XP and uses outlook 2003 for the emails. We are setup to use Unified Messaging so that we can pick up our voicemails in our emails.

One computer's problem is that even though the form for the voicemail has been loaded, the 2 little microphone-like icons that should appear in outlook to be able to configure the mailbox and security codes do not appear, nor they are in the "tools".

I tried reinstalling the Stratagy ES application and the audio codecs over and over again, and i have tried setting the user's permissions to full control in case something was blocking it.

What happens is is that the user gets a voicemail through his outlook but when he tried to open it there is no attachment to it.
And yes, unified messaging has been enabled for the user.
Does anyone have an advice as to what i can do in order to troubleshoot this situation?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
In Outlook, try going to Help-->About-->Disabled Items and see if there's anything disabled.

If there is no attachment then the transport is set for SES proprietary. If the outlook client is set up correctly, then all should work ok.

You said you set up the Stratagy application, you do mean the Outlook client, right?. There should be a "Configure Outlook client" under tools, which you said you could not find.

Along with the suggestion above, go to Tools>Email Accounts>View or Change, and look for Stratagy ES Transport. If it's not there, select, Add a new email account>Additional Server Types, and add it.

Also, make sure that you installed the client with the user logged in with local admin rights.

If you changed the transport on the Stratagy to IP Standard, then you will get an attachment, even without the Outlook client installed.

I've seen this problem when using Outlook 2003. Officially, the client only works on Outlook 2000 and below. With 2003, it might work or it might not.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
It went well for me yesterday with 5 Outlook 2003 clients. Their IT guy was there to help. He had to give all the users Admin rights during the installation.

So softare has to be 5 years old before Toshiba will support it? I have had people wanting to put eManager on their 2003 Server. No joy for them.

OP Offline
hey guys thanks alot you guys are amazing. Your advice worked: there was a blocked item called unimsclient.dll, so i enabled that plus i added the additional server and it worked!

One thing is that i tried the same for another one of the computer that was having problems, only this one is able to get the attachment, has no disabled items and i just added the additionnal server but whenever i try to open the voicemail email, it gives me the following error:

Unable to connect with SES. COMERROR = 0x80070005

I don't know what i can do to troubleshoot this situation, and yes the SESOutlookClient has been run as administrator on the local machine.

What can you suggest for this situation?

This may not be it, but all I find on Toshiba is:

Unable to establish connection with SES. COMMERROR=0x800706BA.

Description
Error message appears when trying to open Unified Message with Stratagy ES Outlook Client.

Affects
Stratagy ES
Stratagy iES32
Outlook Client Software.

Solution

There are three possible known causes for this error message

1. If the voice mail has been assigned to a domain, the local DCOM user account in the voice mail's OS are non-functional. These user accounts provide the client PC's permission to connect to Stratagy.
Make sure the voice mail is not assigned to a domain. If this is the case, set the property back to WORKGROUP.

2. Incorrect Stratagy ES/iES32 IP address in the Outlook Client Configuration settings.
In Outlook, select Tools>Config Stratagy voice mail...
In the Stratagy ES Message Configuration Window click on the User Information tab.
Verify server name/IP address is the IP address of the Stratagy ES/iES32. Correct if necessary.

3. Some clients reported this issue after installing Ad-Aware. Make sure that site has no 'Ad-Aware' type of program running that could prevent communication with ES Server to retrieve message.

4. Stop and start Stratagy service

OP Offline
#1 does not apply because the voicemail is not assigned to a domain.

#2 has been already verified.

#3 i checked just to make sure and he does not have adaware or any scanning device of the sort (except the antivirus program which has never interfered with anyone else before)

#4 has been done also.

I am going to try to reinstall the program while giving him administrator priviledges rather than just me logging in as administrator and see if that works.

Any other advice?

OP Offline
I removed and reinstalled the Stratagy software on the computer, only this time i gave the user administrator (local) priviledges and logged on as himself.

Still got the same error- no disabled items, the form is loaded, i've re-entered the security mailbox code. Still nothing .

I am out of ideas!
Help please!

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
See if DCOM is enabled in Windows on that machine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,845
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,649 Shoretel
189,534 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Avanti Telecom), 151 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024