web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I was really hoping someone could give me step by step directions on how to transfer directly to someones VM box.

I have a toshiba Stratagy VM with a DK424.

I think it's possible, but I have no clue how.

I would really appriciate if someone can tell me step by step.

(i.e
1.Go to program 39, Select a button, Enter this exactly xxxxxxxxxxx.

2. To use when a caller is on the line press the button followed by vm ID box.
)

I know nothing about this type of thing.

Thanks a lot!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Vincent - Hello again.

Go to program 39 and put a DSS key that represents the first port of voicemail on the phone .

We use one of the single digits in VM to goto 998 for direct transfer, lets say digit 2.

When a call comes in and you want to transfer it to a mailbox, press the DSS key. When you hear the main grteeting, press 2# MB# and hang up. The caller will be hearing MB's main greeting.

Its really pretty simple.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
OP Offline
Thanks!

Is there a way to program in the dss button to do this:

Dial 240 (That's my lowest vm port) wait for answer, then Dial 2#

That way all the transfering user needs to do is press the button then dial the extension of the vm and hang up. Is this possible?

I saw an interesting solution once. It took me a bit to figure it out. For every extension, there is a phantom extension. The phantom extension is on every phone and has the extension of 7+DN, so extension 210 would have a phantom of 7210 on their phone.

The the phantom was manually set to call foward all calls to the voicemail, and the VD ID code was set to that of the main extension.

So to transfer to extension 201's VM, the operator would would enter Transfer, then 7201 and hangup.

A lot of setup I imagine, but it seem to work ok.

That sounds like a great idea. Uses up buttons, though. If you have 10 button phones program the phdn on the 20 btn side so you don't see it and use up the buttons. You have to have a 20 button phone to set the CF.

That might work!

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

You know, if I remember, they had 10 button non-display, and the phantom was on the right side of a 20 button. I had to get a 20 display phone to set call foward and VMID, so you are correct.
Good thing I had one.

I was just there to fix an extension, so it took a while to figure out the setup. Plus that extension was on port 005 and used to be the programming phone, which is why it wasn't setup like the rest.

OP Offline
How do I program the VMID on a PHDN? On my PDN I know I use #656, but how do I set that for a phdn?

Also I understand primary DN's fairly well, but what is a SDN? I know it's a PDN that shows up on more then one phone, but isn't that the same as a phdn but only programming it on 1 other phone? What's the point of using a sdn?

I'm confused. Can someone please explain in laymens terms a example when to use each.

The VMID on the PhDN is programed the same way. You would press the Phantom button and press #656, then the VMID. In the above example, the PhDN could be extension 7200, but the the VMID is set as 200.

Phantoms are virtual extensions. They can be on several phones. For this example everyone would have a different phantom extension, and each PhDN would only be on one phone. A Phantom can have an owner assign to it. In this case the owner would be the PDN that the PhDN is on.

You would assign the PhDN extensions on program *04, PRG 39 to put it on the phone. Not sure of the other programs off the top of my head.

The other PhDNs are used is if you had phantoms with extension of 500 (or ext 0 for operators I've seen used). If that phantom was on several phones, and ringing was set, if you call that extension of the phantom, all the phones would ring, and you could have it call foward to a seperate voicemail box (like an operators box) if no one answers.

OP Offline
Thanks. I think I understand phantoms and Pdn's but I am still confused on why you would use a SDN over a phantom?

Heres one way....

Boss has x205 in the office and his secretary has x206. Put a SDN of 205 on 206. Everytime someone rings 205 it rings and appears on 206. She knows he is not in and can push that button and answer his calls directly.

Another similar senario.....Boss has x205 in the office and an IP phone 405 at home. Put the SDN of 205 on the IP phone 405. Now noone has to remember 2 different extensions for the boss. They just dial 205 and it rings 205 and 405 at the same time. Set VMID 205 on 405 and all calls go to MB 205.

Hows that?

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,661 CTX100 install
187,871 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 130 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024