web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
i did some forum searching regarding setting up the stratagy flash for multiple tenant voicemail service and found some old threads discussing how to do it with phantom DNs.

right now i've got two tenants, with two ports each from the stratagy flash. i need to add a third. voyager helped me set this up a while ago, and while i'm trying to figure out the old configuration, i thought i'd try to research how i'm going to set this up a bit first.

those old threads had some PMs with instruction on how to set this up, and i was hoping somebody (voyager, phonemeister, old blond bunnie?) still had those directions and could send them my way.

thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

3 tenants and only 4 ports?? That = PROBLEMS

OP Offline
yeah i know. but those old threads i found had 5 tenants on a stratagy flash (4 ports), and i was wondering how they did it.

The only way I would attempt this with more tenants than ports is to have the main greeting say for tenant 1 press 1 , for tenant 2 press 2, and so on, then have option 1 go to a box with tenant 1 greeting , option 2 go to a box with tenant 2 greeting, and so on.

OP Offline
haha, ok so i reread my printouts of the old threads and it was your suggestion i was looking for more info on!!

anyway, here's what you said back in apr/06: just make company Y's line ring a PHDN. have the phdn appear on the phones you want to ring, call forward the PHDN for no answer to voicemail, then use a mailbox (whatever the PHDN is for the greeting) have the PHDN copy the MSG to whate ever phone you need to check the messages, and make sure to set it not to store if copied to another box.

repeat for other tenants.

that was paraphrased. there was also another thread on the same topic, but everyone was just PMing instructions, rather thats how i interpretted the demise of the thread. i was originally after those super secret instructions.

anyway. like everyone else on this planet, i was hoping to be spoon fed the solution to my problem.... i guess i'll have to go crack open the books.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Thats exactly how to go. Make a PhDN for each tenant and fwd it to VM. The call hits a MB specific for that tenant. You can have as many tenants as you have PhDN's!

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
The problem with all Stratagy systems (and Amanda) is that when the caller does something that the system doesn't like ; "Invalid entry" the system takes them back to the port's default, which is usually 991 (Chain done of 990).

There is a way to keep them separated even in the case of User carelessness, but it involves using Token programing in the mailboxes. There is docs on FYI that explain it. I have done this a few times and it works pretty good in most cases.

Even using Groups will not keep the caller from going back to 991.

Option B would be to have box 991 have the greeting as stated above of ;" For Spacely Sprockets press 1,.. "

In the case where the caller is not supposed to know that there are serveal companies in the same building, you can go to a generic greeting then hangup.

I wish Toshiba would add an option to just repeat the current mailbox's greeting in case of error. Then chain done after that.

OP Offline
hm. so this raises some issues for me.

1. does this setup with phdn's require SMDI? i.o.w. the rs-232 interface with my stratagy flash?

2. right now my setup has two ports specifically dedicated to the current two tenants. so to set this up with three tenants, i guess the vm box will have to be able to identify the incoming call via smdi? or does it already identify extensions from incoming calls (i dont think it does)

To answer #2 I think what you're trying to find out is how would the VM know where to go when the caller calls in for company X. If you have the incomcing calls for company X going to a PhDN (let's just say PhDN 300) and you forward 300 to lets say Mailbox 300 you can set up your greeting in MB 300 to have the options for company X 1 = A, 2 = B, and so on.
All the subscriber mailboxes in a Stratagy can act as call processors. If you have 2 ports dedicated for company Y and 2 ports for company Z it shouldn't cause a problem since company X is being forwarded to VM by a phantom and can hit any of the ports coming in. The problem is with 3 companies and such a small amount of ports on your voicemail you may run into busy ports.
Now if this is 3 companies that don't have a lot of traffic you may be alright but having a recptionist answer the 3 companies first then forwarding what can't be answered to an auto attendant might be a more viable solution.

Just my opinion though. I'm not sure of your situation.

The Rat
OP Offline
ah ok. thanks for the clarification. i keep confusing myself because of the current setup.

the way its set up right now is to delay ring the VM ports, which then ring once and answer. 3 of the co lines for company X are set to ring the first VM port which includes the 2nd in a hunt group, and the other 3 CO lines are set to ring the third port which hunts to the fourth.

if i can set everyone up with PhDNs, it would make use of this VM box more efficient too, because then everyone can access any of the VM ports, and i'd have one hunt group of 4 ports instead of 2 sets of 2 ports.

now the issue becomes... which telephone button do i give up for the PhDN..

last quick question: so if, say 3 CO lines ring the PhDN, do i no longer need the three CO lines individually displayed on the phones? i.e. they'll just need hte PhDN displayed to access those lines? and it will flash whenever one of those lines ring? err i just saw a problem with that setup: if anohter call comes in when one line is in use, how will that work. ah well. i'll get this figured out someday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,588 Shoretel
189,473 CTX100 install
187,623 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, dans), 166 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024