Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi,

On the DK424, I wanted to know how to setup the 'night position' to forward calls (when pressed and red LED comes on) directly to the receptionist's voice mail without ringing the phone, when she goes off to lunch or gone for the day.

Of course, when pressed again (red LED turned off) I would want regular calls to resume and ring the extension as usual.

cheers,

Peter

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Her voicemail box, or Auto Attendant? Put a PhDN on her phone with her VMID Code. Call FWD ALL CALLS to VM on that PhDN and point the main number to that PhDN in Day 2 mode. When the night button flashes the calls will go to her mailbox.

Or just point the number to the VM Pilot number in night mode and let the AA pick it up.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
OP Offline
Thx for the initial reply smile

Assuming the second statement is a simpler alternative to the 1st... where would I find this 'VM pilot number' and how would I set it with 'night mode'?

cheers,

Peter

Peter,

If you have phones call forwarded to voicemail, which I'm assuming you do, look in the display of a phone. It should say somthing like CFBN 200-XXX . 200 being the extension number of the phone you're looking at and XXX being the VM pilot number. The VM pilot number is probably not the same as the port number so you may have to find the port number so you can set it up in night ringing.

The Rat
OP Offline
Ah yes, understood... the term VM pilot wasn't familiar to me, as I usually identified it as 'VM box range' from 4100 to 4108 given our setup.

In my case the ext. is 4200 & VM pilot would be 4100 from what the display shows.

I'll confirm the port number as well.

Thx for clarifying this wink

cheers,

Peter

OP Offline
Bear with me folks, I never had telecom experience before having this old PBX system dumped on me over my IT duties. wink

Upon inspecting the setup in DKAdmin of ext. 4200 it was noticed that the user already has PhDN 0 assigned in the 'Flexible Keys' box.

How do I go about configuring it for 'night' option as 'Voyager' suggested?

Is there something I need to change in Stratagy as well?

And can any of this be done on the actual phone?

cheers,

Peter

Program 87 - set all lines to ring port for 4100

Now when the night button is on [solid] all calls will be answered by the auto attendant

Yes this can be programmed with a 20 button LCD phone on Port 005.

It sounds like the PhDN 0 on 4200, rings when someone zero's out of the auto attendant.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

OP Offline
Indeed, PhDN 0 does link users to 4200 (receptionist) and the choice given within the 2nd greeting of AA.

From playing with the receptionist phone on ext. 4200 I realized that 'night position' has been setup for AA to answer & if LED is pressed off, calls to main line will ring 4200 directly.

To clarify... In this case, at her request, 'night LED' would remain always on' to have AA intercept all calls & enable users to make menu choices...
however it would be better to have calls not ring the phone and immediately be forwarded to her VM when either 0 or 4200 is dialed directly by a user when she is not around. She has a 'Forward' button already under the 'night' button but when pressed, LED comes on but nothing happens.

I hope this makes sense!

cheers,

Peter

Again, we have to assume how the forward button is programmed....Try this....

Press Intercom, Forward key, 4100. This will forward calls to station 4200

Then do it again by pressing the "0" key, forward button, 4100. This will forward the operator calls

Even easier, both buttons should be CF-NA to VM. If someone dials 4200 or 0, the station will ring a few times then go to vmail.

OP Offline
Ok, I attempted that sequence but with no results & to make matters worse, the console appears to be in french.

This is what the LCD shows when the 'Call Forward No Answer' flex key is pressed:

R-APP: 7755-4100+
APP. 4200-4100V
Renvoi au PST

Now this looks ok to me, I looked into Prog# 04, 33 and 7755 appears to be the PhDN assigned to 4200 after all.

In essence, I simply want the 'Call Forward No Answer' flex key (when pressed to LED on) to prevent the phone from ringing and forwarding the calls to 4200's VM box but can't figure out how to actually do it, probably being extremely simple.

As for the 'night button' it's doing what it should and when LED activated making AA manage all calls.

cheers,

Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,572 Shoretel
189,443 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 153 guests, and 226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024