Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Howdy,

I'm the IT Admin at a firm and I've recently been assigned to deal with phones without any prior knowledge, so forgive me if I'm unclear or using wrong terms.

We recently had two new extensions added to our phone system, but they don't seem to be properly configured. When the receptionist forwards a call to a new extension the phone rings forever without defaulting to the voice mail. So, I've researched enough to figure out that Call Forwarding needs to be set. However, everytime I try to set Call Forward - Busy / No Answer, I get a disruptive tone and the data is not programmed.

I've assigned the voice mail a mailbox number [DN]+656 and programmed the message retrieval [DN]+657 already, but using the #604 programming number never works. The only clue I have left is that the guide says "If you hear a re-order tone when following any of the Call Forward steps, your telephone is not the owner of the [PDN]/[PhDN]." So, assuming this is the issue, I scoured the user guide and couldn't find any information on how to set this detail.

So, my real question is: How do I set a telephone to be the owner of the extension?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Intercom #604 , VM pilot number or first port of VM , speed dial key , enter time in seconds , redial.

OP Offline
Thanks for the quick response! You'll have to forgive my ignorance of the phone world though... What is a VM pilot number / first port of VM? Thanks!

What you dial to get to voicemail , the voicemails extension number

OP Offline
Oh, then I've definitely tried that repeatedly. However, when I hit the speed dial button (I've substituted * as well), the display doesn't show the command is entered and no command past that point is recognized. Also, if I take too long to complete the string of button entries, there's an annoying tone, similar to a busy signal, and the entry is voided. Following the exact string you provided, the end result is a screen that states "Forward to 2271". Any other suggestions?

Thanks again for your help!

Try *#* for speed dial , there is a timeout if you don't enter anything . Is 2271 the voicemail ?

OP Offline
No, the extension is 227, but when the speed dial key gets ignored it takes in the next number which is 1, from 12 for the seconds to delay, and then won't take anymore information.

try the *#* , or program a speed dial key on the phone

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Could be that the key that's labeled speed dial is not really a speed dial select key. With the phone idle, press Redial and that speed dial key. You should see #* in the display. If you see anything else, even a #*XX where XX=11 through 49, then it's not a speed dial select key. You could do this for all the buttons on the phone until you see #*. If possible, go into system programming and check the buttons for that extension to see where the speed dial select key (497) is programmed.

OP Offline
Ah ha! Phonemeister, you got it! Neither the speed dial key nor the * button seem to do anything. Is there a way to program this key to do what I need it to? Thanks a ton!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,381 Shoretel
189,088 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024