Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#196562 02/26/09 07:42 AM
lpeck Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

First off, I'm a unknowing newb. So, please go easy on me.

Ok, I'm having trouble loggin into CTX through winadmin. I haven't logged into the system for about a year and it appears I changed, and forgot, the community name.

I can ping the IP of the phone serever, but I can't log onto CTX. I'm assuming the community name is the missing link. I tried the default community name but had no luck.

Can I retrieve or reset community names? Where do I go from here?

FYI, I have set the IP of my computer to xxx.yyy.zzz.199 where xxx.yyy.zzz are the same as the phone server's address. I also turned off my XP firewall.

Thanks for help.

Edit: When I try to log on error states no response from device. Also, I don't remember changing the community name, so that may not be the problem.

Lou

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#196563 02/26/09 08:31 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Recycle the power on the CTX. If you have an internal voicemail, shut that down properly first.

#196564 02/26/09 09:01 AM
lpeck Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks meister! I'll try that. Is that something I should do after business hours or does the system reboot quickly?

I believe we do have internal voicemail. What is required to shut it down properly. I want to make sure I don't take out the phones.

Also, will that reset any other information, or will the system restore to the configuration it was in before the power cycle? I imagine it would, or else everything would go haywire when the power went out, but I prefer not to get fired on this adventure.

Thanks again,

Lou

#196565 02/26/09 09:35 AM
You need to look inside the Ctx, if you see a card called IES you need to hold down the shutdown button for 7 + seconds until the orange shutdown light is lit then press the power button until bth lights go out, it is now safe to power down the Ctx, as far as i am aware teleco's, gvmu's and lvmu's are ok if you just power down the Ctx then power the Ctx back up and try again.
Sometimes the port locks up but you can still ping the nic.

Live Long and Prosper My Friends
#196566 02/26/09 11:16 AM
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
The phones will come back on rather quickly....maybe 30-60 seconds. The voicemail will take longer to boot.

If the battery strap was enabled on the CPU when it was installed, your configuration will come back the same. If not, then you will default the switch.

If the smart media card has a current back-up then you have nothing to worry about. When the system comes up at default, just initialize the switch and it will pull the config off the SM Card.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
#196567 02/27/09 01:05 AM
lpeck Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the info! I'll check out what I have for hardware when I'm back in the office and see what we've got. If the phones lose all current settings, I'll be in a world of trouble. My phone knowledge is lacking. If there's any chance of losing all current settings, I think I'll be better off hiring a pro.

Does that error, "Device not responding" sound like the community name is the issue (given that I can ping the phone address)?

Thanks again.

#196568 02/27/09 03:17 AM
Device not responding just means that it can not connnect for any of the reasons, wrong community name, wrong IP address, or the problem described by Phonemeeister.

I think the last time I forgot to move the battery strap on in install was the first or second install. It's pretty much second nature now.

If you open the cover to look for the voicxemail, you could check for a mwenory card on the processor (the card on the far left, or second to the on a CTX670. If there is a card, then the possiblity of both the battery being unstrapped or dead, and the card not having a backup is slim. It may not have a recent backup if anyone has changed anything and did not backup to the card.

#196569 03/12/09 03:15 AM
lpeck - Do you have Stratagy voicemail, and if so are you using Stratagy ES Admin? If so, you can find your community name through it. That's what I just had to do to recover mine.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,358 Shoretel
189,026 CTX100 install
187,401 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 93 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024