web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

First off I'd like to state that I'm not a phone tech, I *am* the IT department in my company. I'm pretty familiar with the CTX systems having dealt with ours over the last six years. We have a 670 and a 100 in separate locations.

The CTX-100 has a LIPU card and several IP phones hanging off of it. Some of these phones are off-site connected via VPN. I have two IP phones in my home office. One of them, the primary phone I use when I'm working out of my office in the house, is a IPT2020 and lets say its extension 746 on the system. I have a secondary SIP Linksys/Sipura 941 phone (at ext 731) in another area of the house that I use occasionally. Given that its my home, I don't want that other phone ringing at any old time, just when I want it to. To accomplish this I set up a 340 Call Forward button on my main phone (746) to toggle a forward to that other phone (731) for when I'm not sitting in the office.

Then it occured to me that I probably don't want to have people see me calling from yet another extension as its hard enough to get them to remember that I have a true office and a home office extension. I just don't want to confuse them with a third. So to solve that I changed the Display DN field on the the 731 extension to 746. This worked in that calls placed from 731 appear to be coming from 746, but it broke the forwarding I had set up. Now when I push that forward button it displays CF-ALL 746-746.

SO.... where this is all leading to is that I think a better approach would be to set up a sort 'ring group' that includes the two phones I have at home, and perhaps be able to activate this with a toggle button when I want both phones to ring, or perhaps by keying in a sequence. I just don't know where to begin looking into this, this type of programming is beyond me. Any suggestions are welcome!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Why don't you go back to your original set up and use Do Not Disturb buttons on the phones you don't want to ring all the time.

OP Offline
That could work, but I still don't know how to make multiple phones ring as a group.

multiple call group

OP Offline
Thanks! Ok I think I got it. I set up a Multiple Call Group (6002) and added the SIP phone's DN and one of the IPT's secondary line DNs. Then I programmed a button on the IPT to 340 CF-ALL 746-6002. This works for my purposes.

One question though, what, if anything, is the difference between activating call forward all with #6011 vs using the 340 button code?

Put a common phantom DN on each phone. So for instance, if your office phone is 746, put phDn 746 on both of your IP phones. That way when anybody dials 746, all three of your phones ring. Couple that with a DND on your IP phones, you can turn the ringing on and off.

OP Offline
Does that work if my Office phone is actually on a different CTX than the one that hosts the IP phones? The CTXs are connected via ip qsig.

Online Content
You can not ring phones simultaniously across a QSig.

OP Offline
Thanks for all the help guys. As mentioned above I set up a MCG and I forward calls to that MCG when I want to have more than one phone ring. That's all working well. One thing I've noticed however is that when a call is coming in to the MCG, the IPT phone will show the caller's extension/name but the SIP phone just shows "External caller". When the SIP phone is NOT part of a MCG it shows the caller's extension. Is this a limitation of the SIP phone or SIP support on the CTX?

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,900
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,023 Shoretel
190,201 CTX100 install
188,382 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 120 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024