Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
SSPhone Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
If there was a device that you could connect to your network or your customers network to program the Stratagy Flash and IVP8 voicemails so you could setup a client's PC with Admin and they could add mailbox's or admin their own voicemail, would you buy it to resell to your customer/end user?
What if you can also use the device as a remote interface?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Sure, I would - since lately we have been having trouble doing dial-up work remotely. All the VoIP PRI's going in - we get cut-offs all the time and end up scheduling an on-site service call.

If there is a device that can go from DB9/RS-232 directly to ethernet and we can access it via public IP, heck yes I would buy/use it!

It would probably be easy to whip-together something like that with an Audrino board.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
I have seen RS-232 to LAN connection devices sold on the internet in the past. I don't know how well they work. I know that the admin software can be a little picky, as in the case with a DP9-USB adaptors.

If the customer has a Stratagy ES I offer the Admin software if they seem like they would like to do their own admin. I almost never mention the software for IVP8. One time a customer has an ACD with VNC software connected to a CIX40 (yes overkill but he used to have a CIX670). I connected a serial cable to it and installed the windows VM software for him to use.

SSPhone Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
I have been using and selling the ORTRS232 for programming Telrad's for about 3 years now and they work. Telrad had a device but it cost $500 so I worked to make a device to sell for alot less $225, and it works even with the older softwares that are DOS PCP.
So as we do more Toshiba systems I find the need to re-engineer the device to connect to the voicemail, since the system is already programmed by a network connection. The IVP8 and Flash will be the first device I release, but should have the device for the GVPH for the CIX40 and the LVMU for the CIX100/CIX670 real soon.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,615 Shoretel
189,507 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024