web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there a way to disable the ability to hit the star(*) key and the ability to dial extensions during an auto attendant instructional greeting? I can't find any check boxes in the mailbox tabs or a menu option for this. I could be missing it, though.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
How would you log into your mailbox?

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Which voice-processing system do you have (Strategy, Contact, Tis, etc.)?

Do you mean disable it in a single-digit/menu driven mailbox?

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a Stratagy (why it's spelled with an A I don't know...).

@Voyager: I'm creating an auto attendant mailbox and have all the menu options created properly, but I can't stop the user from just typing an extension. When they dial into the system from whatever DID I have going to this mailbox I don't want the user to dial extensions or just pound on the numberpad and ring a teacher in his/her classroom accidentally. That would be a big no no at the school district I work for.

@MacOSX: I do mean to disable these features and thus create a single-digit/menu driven mailbox, yes.

Put the mailbox's in DND

CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
They already are. It's needed to get the Instructional Greeting to work.

M Token
M(G1,2,20)
Plays Greeting 1 twice, waits two seconds
M(Gn,count,delay)
Only menu options can be selected using this Token

@M(G1,2,20)
DND Off
If there is an error, it will follow the done chain, prepare for this.
Note: Only while the Token is active the caller can dial only menu selections

TCTE/CTP Certified
MCP Certified
CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for everyones help thus far.

I tried the @M(G1,2,20) in the Chain RNA and Chain busy and I have the Chain done set to TRANSFER back to the same mailbox just to keep repeating the auto attendant. I unchecked DND.

I ended up getting the Toshiba Girl talk to me and ask for an extension, though. I tried it with DND checked too with no luck.

The basic behavior I want for this mailbox (the ID is 8100) is when I call the PilotDN it immediately goes to the Instructional Greeting (I do this by selecting Greeting 1 and recording nothing). I want it to repeat the Instructional Greeting a couple times, then hang up (it keeps repeating with the transfer to 8100 on Chain done). While it's playing this greeting I only want the users to be able to enter the menu options and not an extension or *.

From your Tokens above, red_ron, I'm understanding that what happens is that Greeting 1 would play twice, then wait two seconds, then what? Does it go to Chain done? With DND off, what chain is activated?

The Token goes in the extension field of the MB with the Menu, not in the Chain field(s).
It will follow the Done Chain when the Token has completed, your callers must dial the menu selection prior to the call going to the Done Chain.

TCTE/CTP Certified
MCP Certified
CGTech Offline OP
OP Offline
That works very well. Thanks (yet again), red_ron.

Now it works with the normal greeting, which is just fine actually. I added a TokenIntApp with H as a parameter for Chain done so that it hangs up after playing the message. I also had to record a blank instructional message. Apparently setting it to 0 triggers the Toshiba girl. Tried to change the other Chains to the token instead of having AutoAttendant selected anywhere. That operated the same way--toshiba girl at the end of it.

I'm really okay with having a split second instructional greeting at the end. Just curious if there's a way to completely disable the instructional greeting?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 94 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024