Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
More Info Again:

I think it has something todo with it says

CF-A : 7234 - 240

Instead of

CF-A : 234-240.

I am not sure why it says that. Anyone know how I can clear?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Looks like it maybe a PhDN on the set that is CFD.
Can you call 7234? and it CFD to 240? if so, from 7234 dial #601 spkr
This should clear the CFD AC from x7234.

TCTE/CTP Certified
MCP Certified
OP Offline
THAT WAS IT, I didn't even know I had a phdn!

Thanks!

That was probably setup by the previous installer to be a direct to voicemail Phantom. I have seen a few cases where every phone has PhDN that is a number + the extension, so if someone wanted to transfer a call to your voicemail, for example, they would dial Xfer 7 + ext (7234 in your case) The call would go directly to voicemail without ringing your phone.

But now everyone except you have that feature, unless other people also cleared the CF-A setting.

To expand on what newtechy stated above, I have programmed and instructed Techs in a couple ways of doing this;
1. If the users of the system are using CFD BNA on their PDN's and the Operator uses a DSS, simply press the DSS Key twice, this will send the caller to the PGreeting of the targeted Station/MB
The first press of the DSS Key will ring the set, making the PDN Busy, the second press of the DSS key will be forced to CFD to its destination, in this case VM/MB PGreeting.

2. If you have a SLT port that can be used, will call it 289, CFD AC to VM, VMID will say is 289. In MB 289 RNA/Done Chain to direct Send MB, default is 998.
Add the SLT to the DSS.
The operator answers a call, it is for Vincent, he is not in the office. The operator presses the DSS Key for 289, the operator is prompt by MB 998 to enter the MB number (234) and hangs up. The caller is now in MB 234 leaving a message.

Of course you can use a PhDN, however you can not add a PhDN as a DSS key. The DSS key can be used on all EKT/DKT sets and now there is a fast easy way to drop a caller into a MB that everyone in the system can use. Putting a PhDN on all the phones and CFD AC for this application is "Over Kill" and a waste of Station Button Real Estate.

TCTE/CTP Certified
MCP Certified
Those are very intersting ideas. I was first trained on the CIX line, and learned the DK later to support the older systems, so I wasn't showen the various shortcuts to VM transfer. I have seen using VM box 8 as a shortcut to 998.

I have seen a setup using PhDN on each phone at about 3 different locations. I don't think our company was the original installers of those systems. The first one realy puzzled me when the operator says she dials 7 (or whatever number) plus the ext to send a call to VM. It wasnt untill I saw a display phone with CF-A that I realized what the installer did.

I could not find the phantom on any of the 10 butttons, so I think I figures out that they setup the PhDN on FB 11, possible by walking around with a 20 button phone, so they can enter the VMID and CF codes.

From newtechy "I have seen using VM box 8 as a shortcut to 998."

This was changed is system parameter "set_box_snd"
from 998 to 8. Than a MB of 8 was built. It does the same but! 8 is still set for 8 digits, it still waits just as long. To speed this process "set_fixed_len 8" = 1, after the digit 8 is dialed it goes immediately to the dir_snd box of "8" and prompts the user to enter the MB in which to leave a msg for. Its all good, its a matter of knowing the system well or knowing where to get the information.
I hope this explanation helps the rest of the Toshiba Tech's out there, some may know about this, so this is for the one's that don't.

TCTE/CTP Certified
MCP Certified
That is interesting. The ones I setup for the old DK systems I just created a VM box 8 with ext field of @G(998),and there is a lot of waiting.

Fortunately the only times I usually need to program a system for a Strata DK system is when we are replacing their old Amanada VM system that died.

It's great how techs have figured out better ways to make these systems user friendly where Toshiba fell short. Personally I wish the programing and installer guides were more detailed about things such as the system perameters.

Do you think we wondered to far from the original topic?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,673 Shoretel
189,630 CTX100 install
187,864 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, justbill, Touch Tone Tommy), 151 guests, and 274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024