web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jafabs Offline OP
OP Offline
Just had a quick question about something I’ve never been able to properly figure out on my own so far. I’ve got a customer with a CIX40, very small operation, 2 phone lines and 6 phone extensions. During the day they are going to be answering their calls live as they come in, and at night will switch to auto attendant. But during the day if they don’t get to the phone, they want the system to forward the caller to a mailbox.

They want to have line appearances on all the phones, since they only have two lines, and I know that prevents forwarding to one specific mailbox when line appearances are there.

What I am wondering is if there is any fairly simple way around this so that they can go ahead and get rid of their telco-provided voicemail they are paying for, and just be able to use a VM box to take messages for missed calls.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

zap Offline
This is set-up in system call forward. If you tell it to forward to the VM pilot they will get the company greeting or send them to any mailbox.

One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
A question that has always been asked by my customers is "if both lines are busy will it go to voicemail on the toshiba like it does now". Depending on the incoming phone traffic they might want to keep the telco voicemail

They can still have line apperances with all phones ringing and still send the call to a specific mailbox, unlike the DK. You would set the DIT to an extension. As long as system call fowrwarding is set correctly on that extension, it will forward to that voicemail box.

Originally posted by petersog:
A question that has always been asked by my customers is "if both lines are busy will it go to voicemail on the toshiba like it does now".
I've had that question asked a few times also. One guy started to get irrate as I tried to explain any what I can why his customers would get a busy signal when he using his one and only line.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
3 members (Touch Tone Tommy, KRRath, Curlycord), 72 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024