web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
dlev123 Offline OP
OP Offline
Working on a Stratagy IVP8 hooked to a toshiba strata dk424.
Any invalid entry from the auto-attendant results in the message "You have made an invalid entry, Thank you for calling, goodbye."
Initially thought that by changing the Error box from 999 to another attendant that I created which would state that they had made an invalid entry and re-direct them back to the main auto-attendant.
That did not work.
I cannot find any setting in programming for invalid entry.
Another problem is that the time on the Stratagy is 2 hours ahead of the actual time. The time on the PBX is correct and changing the time through the Admin box doesn't correct. I thought that there was an offset in programming somewhere but I cannot find it.
thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Most likely the VM is being answered by MB 990, in MB 990 you have the complete A/A Greeting & Instructional Greeting. So the call goes to MB 990 with a Done Chain of 999, your call will get disconnected as you describe.
To fix this, the system needs a new port level MB, we'll call it 880. In MB 880 Extension field @G(990)DND "OFF", Done Chain 990.
In stratagy Config, change the Port level from 990 to 880 and restart.
Now when there is a invalid entry, the call will look at the port level and follow the done chain

TCTE/CTP Certified
MCP Certified
The above method will fix your problem, but in the future when you only want one greeting instead of the two, the way I do it is to record nothing in 990 and have the customer record everything in 991. Then add a simular string as above in the extension field of 990; @G(991) with DND off, chain done 991.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,009 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 176 guests, and 395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024