Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
drdocb Offline OP
OP Offline
Our main machine is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit but Parallels will run on just about any Windows (or mac) systemand allow you to set up a virtual machine. Had to allow Virtual in the Bios when testing Microsofts XP Virtual Mode (that was a was of time as it never worked).

I then loaded a 15 day evaluation copy of Parallels Desktop and created a virtual XP machine and installed a copy of XP using their express settings. and we used a copy XP we had.

I found that it was easier to make an iso image of the XP Pro CD (used Nero) so when installing the new virtual machine we just could tell it the image location instead of fussing with the DVD drives.

If you still want to use your computer for other things (the whole point of this) then change the IP on the unit (ours is a Strata CIX) to the same subnet as your network (we used 192.168.1.253) and it all works great. We had to temporarily change the host computer (W7) to use an ip on the same subnet as the default Toshiba Box so we used 192.168.254.7 IP to access the default 192.168.254.253 of the unit but then changed it to 192.168.1.253 since our network is on a 192.168.1.1 Router.

You could also use the phone programming to change (or figure out) the IP. Make sure you note the IP on the box.

We now have the box linked to a router - switch rather than directly via crossover cable - it goes into our office network and we can administer the system via our Windows 7 64 bit workstation through Parallels.

It worked so well I did not even wait the 15 days to purchase but did find a coupon for 49.99 on google.

This was all trial and error but it is so nice to not have to dedicate a machine or go into the basement every time we want to make a change.

Hope this helps

Larry

drdocb
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Well, I wouldn't phrase that as "Windows 7 success"... that's a little misleading.

I am not trying to bash your contribution, but you can run Paralells or VMWare on any OS and load XP/Vista, but getting it to run natively on in the Windows 7 OS is the ultimate goal.

I do, however, absolutely love VMWare on my Mac and have been using it successfully for some time!
:toast:

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Mine is now running fine with the host Windows 7 Ultimate machine in 32 bit, and Network eManager installed in Microsoft Virtual XP Mode machine. This is my laptop, and so far all tests have been remoting into customer sites via port forwarded routers. I havent tried a local system yet, but I normally plug my lappy into their network and let their network assign me an IP via DHCP. Some I have to set manually, but most are OK.

Took a bit of stuffing around as I had it working fine until Microsoft decided to upgrade DotNet2 to DotNet3 and stuffed everything up.

Had to start all over, but fortunately after creating the first XP virtual machine I made a copy of the virtual hard drive to make it quick and easy to fire up a new fully updated and virus protected XP machine. I have kept that copy aside as a master copy now smile

Cheers, Dave.
Eco Communications
Selling and installing Ericsson BP150/50/250 from 1996 to 2005
Samsung selling and installing since 2000
Toshiba selling and installing since 2004
Microsoft NT and SQL certified (10 years ago...)
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
There is now a Windows 7 32 bit Network eManager available

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi Tony

Have you installed the new version yet?
Did it work correctly?
Any problems?

Regards
Carl
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I have installed Network eManager V5.20B12B on Windows 7 Pro 32bit without any issues and it works fine with remote connections via WAN/VPN or dialup connections.

Regards
Carl
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi Carl,

Yes, I installed it on my Macbook, that's running Windows 7 in a Sun VirtualBox and all is working well. As a matter of fact, I am impressed with the speed and usability of W7 all together. That's saying a lot, coming form an Apple fanboy smile

I have connected on a local LAN and over a public static IP, with port forwarding, so everything is going smooth at this point.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
I'm trying to install the 5.20B12 version, no problems or errors on insall, but when i click the icon to run it, IE opens up real quickly and closes. Any Ideas?
Thanks.

Julio Sosa
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi Julio

You have a windows popup blocker enabled.
It might be the IE one or something like Yahoo toolbar, Google toolbar, AVG toolbar or Norton toolbar as these also have popup blockers in them.
Go to IE Tools/Manage Add-ons and toolbars and extensions and disable anything that is a toolbar and restart IE and then try Network eManager again.
Also make sure it comes up as an Intranet site and not a Internet site in security properties.

Good luck you are nearly there the hard bit is completed smile

Regards
Carl
5.20B12 doesnt work on windows 7, you need 5.20B17 or higher
Like Carlos says all popup blockers must be off.

I can get everything working on win7 but the dial up remote connections.
we have to use Virtual Windows XP mode to get dialup to work

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,058 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 88 guests, and 415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024