web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#200061 01/26/10 06:07 PM
OP Offline
Havent touched a Toshiba in maybe 10 years. An old customer has called me and wants me to give it a shot in doing some MAC work for them. They said they have had these features working before but for some reason the VM is not working like it use to. Heres the scoop...

1. to be able to forward incoming calls to cell phone numbers

2. have voice mail that we can check from outside the office

3. to be able to have their phone forward to a cell phone automatically on nights and weekends

4. when an Agent calls from their line the main number 707-422-XXXX is the call back number not the Agents line number

I can recall you have to use an ext. plugged into logical port 05 or 15? Admin sequence was some combo of *#*#*# somethin, somethin, somethin.

If someone can PM me how to access the system or point me towards an admin or installer guide that would be great.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I believe the DK 424 is about 10 years old so you should be right at home.

I am more familiar with the newer systems myself, but here is what I know.

You did not mention what type of voicemail was attached to the phone system. Most of this will apply to the systems I usually see connected to them like the Amanda or the Stratagy flash.

1. Forwarding an extension offsite, from what I understand, is difficult to setup. Someone more familiar with the DK line may help you better.

2. In most cases, when you hear the voicemail, press the * key. It should ask for your mailbox number, if it is the systems I mentioned.

3. Not possible with the phone system. It may be possible to get creative with the voicemail programming, but this is not something the end user can setup and change. If there is not a PC monitor you would need software to connect to the VM system with a laptop.

4. Only possible if they have PRI phone lines. I have seen a small number of telco able to change caller ID to show the main number, usually if there is a channel bank on a T1, but in most cases this is not possible with analog lines.

Your post will likely be edited by a moderator, even though your sequence is incomplete.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You can try the manuals link above.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
1. to set diverts to external numbers you need to program the speed dial 139 with the phone number then set the CF-EXT by dialing #670 to activate and #760 to cancel. This is done on each extn. SPD 139 is the last personal bin location.

2. Point a line at the voicemail ports and then dial this number to be answered by the voicemail. Then on answer dial * and the mailbox number followed by your mailbox password to access each mailbox to play/forward any messages.

3. If the voicemail has auto scheduling enabled in each mailbox this can be acheived, otherwise the user can activate/de-activate manually from he handset.

4. Not sure how it works in the US possibly done by extension billing in LCR

You will need a 20 key handset plugged into port 005 for system programming. You will need to consult the programming manual.

Day/night service on the DK424 is done manually.
The CIX system gave you an automatic day/night.
The upgrade from DK424 to CIX is not too hard so might be work investigating.

Regards
Carl
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
1. to set diverts to external numbers you need to program the speed dial 139 with the phone number then set the CF-EXT by dialing #670 to activate and #670 to cancel. This is done on each extn. SPD 139 is the last personal bin location.

sorry typo in the first point

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
Thanks guys... im onsite today for the first time and I can get into the system no problem. The game has changed a bit as they DO NOT HAVE VOICEMAIL. The company was using Centrex and was not trained on how to use the Toshiba.

Now... if I can only figure out how to create a trunk to trunk transfer, I can handle the rest of the issues.

Thanks again guys!

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Trunk to Trunk will need to be enabled in COS

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
OP Offline
One thing I left out was that they have only 3 digital phones and 24 analog phones. The majority of this office tha tneed the trunk to trunk are the analog users.

Which COS do I need to assign to the sets? Can the analog sets do it as well? What are the key strokes for trunk transfer?

Thanks

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If they have centrex, see if you can perform an offsite transfer with station drop out. Usually, offsite transferring is standard on centrex lines. If not, call telco to see if they can add it. Having telco do the transfer sure beats a trunk-to-trunk transfer. Try this:
With a caller on the line,
1. CNF/TRN #45
2. Dial phone number.
3. CNF/TRN #45
4. Hang up.
You might need to do another CNF/TRN #45 before you hang up. For slt stations, do a hookflash #45.
To answer your question, program 15-5 turn on all LEDs. Analog sets can perform a trunk-to-trunk transfer, but could not drop out prior to release 3. The steps for trunk-to-trunk transfer on an slt: hookflash, dial 9 plus number, wait for ringback or answer, hookflash, hookflash, hang up.

OP Offline
Thanks phonemeister. I can do the #45 but somewhere in the process the 3rd party drops when I hang up from the system phone. I have tried all of the above and I get close but the call eventually drops.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 108 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024