web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jborne Offline OP
OP Offline
Had a tech come out from the company that sold us the system and is having trouble figuring out how to undo what he did. Basically, when we use automated attendant, there is no ring tone on the transfers when someone dials an extension. People assume the system hung up on them and call back on to feel like a spirling circle. The issue is that it once worked, but we are also having major issues with MOH... IT DOES NOT WORK.

Toshiba stated the config is right and it should work. So to me, it's bad hardware. We've been battling this issue since Christmas season.

Right now, I just want to have some sort of sound on transfers in AA so people don't think it dropped the call. Can I have some help smile

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If you have the system set for MOH on call transfers and the MOH is NOT working then the caller will get silence when the AA transfers the call to the extension.

Change the system to RBT (ring back tone) P105 FB02 and the caller will hear ringing as the AA transfers the call.

What happens if you dial #49001 ?? This will switch on BGM1 so you should hear the MOH music when the handset is idle on hook.
To cancel dial #491

Regards
Carl
Also if the voicemail is not doing a blind transfer, they will not hear RBT.

Per extension you can add an 'H' after the extension number to do a blind transfer from the voicemail, and the caller should hear RBT, if the setting for transfer is set as mentioned above.

jborne Offline OP
OP Offline
Do I need to add it to every number in VM?

Right now, I have 990 and 991 as my AA extensions with Ext 1 as a company directory and Ext 2 as company hours. When someone dials an extension from the company directory, that is where it is not ringing. I currently have my settings as Ext 2H, Ext 1H, Ext 990H, and Ext 991H.

jborne Offline OP
OP Offline
Also, I already have the RBT set in eManager.

Thanks smile

jborne Offline OP
OP Offline
I got it.

Put it on every extension.. works now.

Holy Jeebus, I've been working on this for months LOL

You can also go into the vm config and set "what to dial after dialing the extension" to H- That will automatically add the H to the end of the dialstring.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,743 Shoretel
189,816 CTX100 install
187,944 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024