Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
Yep, had to be programmed from the phone. It is working now. The payroll lady will be happy....and she is a good one to keep happy. wink

Thanks again.
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools
PH: 573-568-5669 FA: 573-568-4565

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay...I guess the the key words are 'good tech'. He stopped by and had about as much of an idea of it as I do (he said he had been in sales too long and had not done that in a while. Nice guy so I will let him off this time). smile

Going to have to wait for one of their higher ups to get by here. He is going to California for training though and will be gone all week, so if anyone has a good manual or something I could read, or has an idea of what to tell me, I will be all ears. I do know that I use to dial 555 to get to voice mail if I did not actually use the MSG button.

Thanks.
Bloomfield Schools

Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
The more that I have thought about this, the more irritated I have actually become. If I wait until next week, it will have been three weeks since our system has been down. Other companies have been placed in front of us. I know this for sure since I was told that.

I really wanted to get some of this done to save us some money when they came, but now I just want to get it done. Three weeks is a pretty long time to wait in my opinion.

I guess what I really need to know is how to get 555 to check the voicemail since that is what I hit before to check it. I have scoured the internet for a how-to, but all I can find are the manuals that I already have. I am not sure if I need to setup a Pilot DN, which I thought might need to be the 555 and/or a Hunt group, which I am not exactly sure what that does.

Any info may be helpful. I won't ask any more after this. I figure that if no one answers, that maybe this is just too complicated to answer over a forum. I'd really just like to get this done.

Thanks for the help.
Bloomfield Schools

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
It sounds to me like you need to change vendors.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

You have to setup a huntgroup (1) with a pilot number of 555, distributed, Multiple DN Hunt disabled, DHG Auto CampOn enabled. Those should be the important ones.

Then click the members tab and add the voicemail ports to it

Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
Is the voicemail port my extension of the phone with voicemail?

Do I then need to create a Pilot DN? I went there and have the options 'Alternate Destination', 'Alternate DN' and 'Voice Mail ID'. Not sure what goes in those, but I assume the Voice Mail ID is the extension of the phone?

IS there anything that needs to be setup in VM Data or VM Port Data?

Thanks.
Bloomfield Schools

Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
Also, do I need to change anything in Sys Call Forward and if so, what should go there? I have played around with different values, but so far I have failed.

Bloomfield Schools

Let`s see if I can Help with some of your confusion.
you probably have a toshiba voice mail system
DOS is the Operating system they use to talk to it.
all voice mail systems use ports to access them.
with toshiba these are single line ports. check
your list of stations and find these ports. (by intercoming each port you will get to the voice mail.) you may have 4,8,or more ports depending on the Voice mail system.
now that we know the station numbers of each port we can set up a hunt group. say our pilot (Directory number).is 555 this will be the number we dial to access our voice mail. we will make each voice mail port (station number) a member of this hunt group.
now when this pilot number is dialed from intercom. we schould get the voice mail.
Next we need to Make the system or indivdual stations call forward to the pilot directory number of the hunt group we just made.
Now if you set up your phone with the corect Voice mail ID when you get to the mail it will take you to your mail box. if you have no Voice mail ID it will take you to the main menu.

Korak Offline OP
OP Offline
The phone box is Toshiba, the voice mail is Perfect Voice on an old DOS machine.

I believe I was thinking in lines of what you just said. I guess the problem that I had the other day was this. I went to Adv. Config>Station>Pilot DN and tried Creating a new one with 555 and selecting dialing digits for 01 Alternate Destination. It told me "The entered DN conficts with an existing DKT, ISDN extension, etc." Not sure how that could be since all our extensions are in the 200s. I aborted because I did not figure I needed to set it, if it is set somewhere else.

When I dial INTERCOM 555, it beeps three times, the display shows CAMP-ON to 555 and then just rings.

Right now I am only putting extension 205 in the hunt group since it has voice mail. figured I would just start with one of the extensions until I got it working.

Bloomfield Schools

The extensions that need to go in the hunt group are the stations that are hooked directly to the voicemail system. They will not be physical phones. They will be analog extensions or SLT's as they are shown in eManager

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (dexman, justbill), 142 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024