web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi All,
I have a CIX-100 with 2 x MIPU and SIP trunks. I set up a hunt group (number 51, if matters) with pilot number 461. The type is CIRCULAR. In the members list, I added some PhDN (6815, 6816) for extension 115 and 116. Then I created the voice mailbox 461 (extension 461).

On the main greeting I programmed the menu key "2" with 461 as destination. When I call to my DID and press 2, I am rediredted to the first entry of my Members list of the hunt group : 115. So up to now it's fine.
It rings, rings and rings and finally, get into the mailbox 461! Never try to foward to 116!

Someone have an idea why my hunt group stops hunting after the fist entry in the members list?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are your PhDN 6815 and 6816 part of a multiple DN hunt group for 115 and 116? You cannot place a PDN or PhDN in more than one hunt group.

If thats not the case, make sure that the PhDNs are set to ring immediately in key programming, and it never hurts to assign ownership to those PhDNs.

The hunt group will only forward to the second extension if the 1st extension is busy, or in this case as circular, case the second call to the hunt group will go to ext 116. It will not forward to the second extension if the 1st one does not answer. The hunt group will follow the system call forwarding set in the hunt group.

if you have SW ver 4.0 or higher, you could use UCD to do what you want. it also adds the ability to log in/out and hold a caller in a queue.

OP Offline
Thanks for your help!

RRino : I verified and that was not the case! Each PhDN was in only one group. Good to know.

newtecky : I see. That's exactly my case, I try to make it ring on the second phone when the first is not answered... I'm not sure what is UCD. Can you give me some clues about how to set it up and how to provide the ability to log in/out?

Thank you very much!

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You can ring 115 immediately and then delay ring to 116 using a multiple call group.

OP Offline
I'm not sure how does the System Call Forward Template works.
Could I create a new template with the Call foward pattern set to "NO ANSWER" instead of BUSY NO ANSWER and use this template in my hunt group to allow fowarding to the following DN when the first does not answer?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
A MCG would be a more elegant solution. Have you looked into that?

OP Offline
I just tried the MCG feature. It's pretty easy to setup and seems to have the right functionnality execpt two things :

- First point : the call is fowarded too early to VM. I added 3 users and set delay1 to 10s and delay2 to 20. User1 is "immediate ring", user2 is after "Delay1" and user3 is after "Delay2". It ring to user1 and user2 but reach VM before user3 rings! If I set Delay1 at 20s, it ring to user1 only and the to VM. How can I increase the time before foward to VM?

- Second point : I can't have the list of member ringing in sequence. I mean, it ring on user1 (immediate), then user1 and user2 (after delay1), then user1, user2 and user3 (after delay2).
My dream would be : ring on user1, if no answer ring on user2, if no answer ring on user3 and so on, until the last user in the list is reached and then to VM.
The second point would be the best config but if I could solve the firt point I could live with that!!
Thanks!

OP Offline
Ok, I found the problem... I must remove the System Call Foward template! Then it rings correctly.

One last thing : Is it possible to have a MOH while it is ringing?

unfortunately there is only one timer for the System call forward.If you need more control over the time you could add the voicemail pilt in the MCG table as delay 2 and change the timer. Without having SCF template set the calls may never go to voicemail, unless the caller was sent to the MCG from the voicemail system. In this case the transfer recall of 32 seconds would bring the caller back to voicemail.

On the point of having the call ring sequentially, the only way is to use the UCD huntgroup. Of all the installs, I think I ued UCD 1 or 2 times, and of those I ended up going back to MCG. Basically you would have to put a PhDn key on all the phones and make them an owner, add the PhDN to the UCD huntgroup, give the uses a Login key, and manually set the phantom key to call forward No answer to the next extension in the hunt group. Seems clumsy to setup, so I avoid it.

And yes you can set the trasnfer to play MOH to the caller on a transfer. Look in the System data. I don't remember which setting off the top of my head.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,845
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,649 Shoretel
189,534 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Avanti Telecom, Xdm), 155 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024