web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a customer that has Suddenlink as their LEC with a voice router (8 port MTA), and they are having very bad static then the calls just drop. This is happening VERY intermittingly so I can hardly troubleshoot it to see if it’s the phone system (CTX 100) or the LEC.

Has anyone had this problem before either with a CTX 100 or Suddenlink? I don’t know how to troubleshoot it because it happens so fast and like I said it is very very intermittent. It does it on multiple extensions and multiple lines. If it would be the system I'd think it would be happening more consistently, but that is why I'm asking for help because I don’t know smile

Thank you all in advance for your help with this problem.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Also i remember on the old DK systems the LCD would say "CO Line Hang up" when the call dropped on the LEC side, but I made a call to my cell and then pulled the bridging clips and the screen didn’t say anything. It just went back to idle.

Thanks for the help on this one it really has me and my customer in a bind!!

OP Offline
Anyone have any ideas on this one??

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Put one of the CO lines on a SLT for a day and see if it happens when that line doesn't go through the CPE

Also, the CTX/CIX will not display that message

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
OP Offline
good idea but this is a pharmacy and they only have 8 lines which are always loaded. Plus the static is happening on multi. lines; they are telling me that is gets very bad static then the call just drops. Have you ever had this problem before?

Have you had telco check the circuit? They can put a trace on it to see if there is any slips in the circuit. I had this problem at a car dealership a couple years ago. With the trace on the circuit and the customer documenting the static and drops, they were able to determine that the problem was actually a CO problem not any on site equipment problem.

OP Offline
yea they came out yesterday and ran test's at the site, but found no problem (of course). I have called into the NOC and requested the site be put on test, because I started a 50 packet ping and lost 8%. So it might be a problem on their end I just want to see if anyone else has had this problem.

With the system giving bad static then just dropping the caller. Customer has also said last week some of their calls just would drop with no static.

OP Offline
Ok I have an update on this issue. Callers are getting dropped alot more often and a lot of the time now they dont even get any static. They also told me that some callers are calling and getting a fax tone when they dial the pharmacy's main number??

I do have a single line card in the system but the only fax machine on it is in a totaly different line group and does not ring on any other number except the fax number which is not in a hunt group. Suddenlink is onsite installing a new cable from their tap off of the street, and then he said if that does not fix the problem they will change out the voice modem.

What in the CTX could possible be causing these issues so I can change it out? Could the processor be doing this? The reason i ask is because of the callers that get a fax tone when they call in and the ACTU3 does have an AMDS on it. I'm lost on this one please advise. Thank you again to everyone helping me!!

I wouldn't start throwing equipment at it. It sounds more like a trunk problem. You REALLY need to test the trunks outside the system regardless.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
OP Offline
I have been unable to see (hear) the problem myself on my test set. I pull the bridging clips off of the 66 block where i have 2- 4 pair cables ran from Suddelink's MTA to that block for troubleshooting purposes, and i dont get any dropped calls or static. Most of the time while im onsite they tell me its not doing it. Then they will come and tell me "it just did it to me" then it wont do it again for awhile. ???

I dont know what to do other than replace my equipment, because the LEC has said the signal is good. I have asked them to change out the MTA and they said they would if it's still going on today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024