web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a small asterisk PBX that I would like to integrate with a CTX, primarily to bridge some SIP clients into the mix without purchasing more Toshiba hardware, namely another PRI card.

I know that some basic interoperability can be achieved using PRI, but could I use a couple of analog ports as a trunk to connect to my Asterisk system? The Asterisk system is currently all-IP with no FXS/FXO ports, so I'd like to know if its even possible before I purchase some of that hardware.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I know you can connect Toshiba's analog ports to the Asterisk CO ports. With that Asterisk station could be able to call and Toshiba station by picking up one of those CO lines. But Toshiba calls would be treated as an inbound call and subject what ever programming is available to it.

If Asterisk offers analog ports then the same kind of connection can be used to allow Toshiba stations call Asterisk stations.

OP Offline
When you say "Toshiba's analog ports" are you referring to CO or station ports? It was my understanding that the CTX uses different cards to support different kinds of analog connections.

I picked up an inexpensive analog gateway device for the Asterisk system so I have some FXO and FXS ports to play with.

He's talking about analog station ports

I am pretty sure you could go aither way, from an FXO on the Asterisks to a CO port on the CIX, or from an FX to an analog port. This may effect how you call from 1 system to the other.

If you had extensions on the Asterisk, and connected from an FXO to an anolg port, when you access the trunk from the SIP extensions, you would basically be connected to an analog extension, which would recieve the DTMF signaling and dial out to either a Toshiba extension, voicemail, or out the PRI. If you could setup the astrisk to ring to DISA on incomming, then you could dial the other way, from the Toshia extensions to the SIP extensions.

If you reversed the connection, FXS to an RCOU trunk cinnection, then you would dial out the Astrisk to the trunk of the Toshiba. If you setup DISA on incoming you would get a second dialtone to make calls to the Toshiba's trunk or to another extension.Dialing from Toshiba would be accesing he CO trunk by code or line keys, and dialing like an anolog extension off the Astrisk.

Toshiba Analog ports are RSTU, BSTU, ASTU (CIX100) or BSLU.
Anolog CO trunks woud usually be RCOU.

OP Offline
Thank you very much guys, now I know where to investigate smile

OP Offline
So I had a chance to look at the CTX config and it appears that on my analog station card (BSTU1?) which sits at cab 02, slot 08 I have three extensions configured (two faxes and a polycom) but it looks like at the punch block the installer labeled 8 possible stations 0801 through 0808 and only the first 3 are cross connected. Are these cards licensed and active for 8 station ports by default?

Also, the card next to the BSTU1 looks like a RCOU3 with a RCOS3A daughter board. The two ports on the former are filled with 4-wire connections running to the punch block, The ports on the latter board are unoccupied. Is this a station card I could be using? Again, are these licensed by default?

If its all hot and ready to configure that means I have 5 analog station ports to play with and 4 CO ports.

Your port configuration looks correct. The BSTU has 8 analog ports, and the RCOS has 4 CO ports (on the right 2 RJ11 ports).

The licensing is another story. The licensing is to the complete system. This is total for COs, Digital extensions, Analog extensions, and voicemail ports. The systems come with some port licenses, but as the system grows, more need to be purchased and added to the system.

OP Offline
If the port licenses are flexible (a DKT station port license can be used for a CO or analog station) then I have a huge surplus. This system was originally built for a larger organization and since then our company has shrunk this site and grown some others. I have literally a couple of dozen live and unused DKT ports around the building.

So to "reclaim" a license I just need to delete an unused station under Station Assignments in emanager?

Originally posted by camarones:
So to "reclaim" a license I just need to delete an unused station under Station Assignments in emanager?
That is correct.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,612 Shoretel
189,499 CTX100 install
187,747 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024