web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#203336 01/20/11 05:12 AM
OP Offline
Need assistance with getting MSG light to work on phones. Customer has a CTX w/ in-skin ies32 vm. 2 weeks ago all database was lost on CTX. ies32 d/b was OK. Got system back working but customer states that before system failure, MSG light would flash on phones (10 & 14 button sets) when new message was in mailbox. Serial i/f is working OK since LCD display on phones shows message count. What am I missing in system programming to make MSG button/light work as it did before?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I was thinking that the voicemail softkeys was through the LAN connection.

So you have a serial connection the the IES. The SMDI can be throught the serial or the LAN. Our company usually sets up with through the LAn for the iES, but I have done both.

Assuming the IES programing did not change, did you setup the IO devices for SMDI on the CIX or is that what you need help configuring? Also the VM ports have to be set for SMDI not DTMF.

OP Offline
Thanks for your input. I have checked and rechecked the programming and everything looks correct to me. The 4 VM ports are set for SMDI. The IO programming I am not 100% sure that I have addressed everything. I have checked program unit 579 for VM integration data. Is there another program unit that I should be checking for the IO set-up?

When you rebuilt the CTX config did you use the same VM dn #'s? I beleive SMDI relys on the first port number set in the IES matching the first vm dn in the system.

Other than that it sounds like an IO setting issue.

Jason

Toshiba/Avaya/Nortel Installations and Service.

Honeywell-Paradox-Kantech-Keyscan-HIKvision Access control and CCTV
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
I would restore the latest CTX backup.

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
I have mentioned this to others, sometimes when I want to make sure the CIX is sending out SMDI I connect my laptop to the BSIS output of the CIX and call the voicemail.

If you have Extensions setup as voicemail, SMDI setup in IO devices, VM ports set to SMDI, also make sure that your voicemail extension numbers in the PBX match what is programmed in the IES.

You have them on the network? Set the IP address of the CIX in the IES telephone integration. The message lights should work through the SMDI but I still think that the LCD display works through the network interface.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
In the I/O programming did you create the LAN device 9?
and set the IP address of the iES32 with port 5000 as well?

Is the CTX/CIX CPU on the same IP address as it was before? as this is set in the iES32 for the SMDI to work.

Regards
Carl
I'm guessing you don't have a current backup???

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
I have had the same issue, if you are sure of the CIX programming, have you double-checked the notification of hte mailboxes in the iES? I had a mailbox that for some reason had the Light On notification disaabled - I have no idea how this happened
I would just double-check your notifications too.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,580 Shoretel
189,460 CTX100 install
187,615 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024