web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
3@1ce Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,
First, I apologize for having a lack knowledge regarding correct telecom terminology. Despite Toshiba’s lack of interest in sending training resources so I slowly self-educate myself. Anyway, the Toshiba 670 CTX has a main line that rings to the main number (i.e. reception: ###-###-1000), this line has the greeting, options, etc... There are two numbers (a toll free 800# and ###-###-1100=ext.100), I believe the 800 rides the local 1100 number. These two numbers ring at 5 other extensions in a certain department. 5 people in this dept. have their own number as well (i.e. line: ###-###-1105=ext.: 105 through line 1110 = ext. 110). This group has access to the dept. VM box (ext. 100 & toll free) and their own VM boxes (ext. 105 – 110). To summarize, each person in this dept. has two VM boxes, their personal and for the dept...

HERE IS MY DILEMMA, I need to add two more numbers to this existing group so that their phones have access to the 110 ext. & toll free VM box as well as their own VM box. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or suggestions. Feel free to point out any Toshiba sites or where or who I need to contact to get some training. I utilize several Toshiba PDFs that I have downloaded: Strata CIX & CTX Telephone Button Programming Manual, Strata CTX670 Installation & Maintenance Manual, plus misc. PDFs. I am using eManager 5.20, VM ES Admin 4.803 and Call Manager 7.0.2.4.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by 3@1ce:
I need to add two more numbers to this existing group so that their phones have access to the 110 ext. & toll free VM box as well as their own VM box.
Do you mean you want to add two more stations to the group?
End-user training is given by a Toshiba dealer. User guides can also be obtained from a dealer.

3@1ce Offline OP
OP Offline
That is correct.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
It's probably done with PhDNs and PhDN MW lights. Check the other stations' key assignments and see.

3@1ce Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought it would be done using eManager, that is not the case?

He was talking about what you put on the buttons of the phones. You are talking about the software that lets you administer the phone system.

Depending on the type of voicemail system you have, you may also need other software to setup the voicemail.

Having message lights on multiple phones for the same VM box is actually more complicated then it would seem, and it involves creating phantom DNs on each phone, with a PhDN MW, creating ownership, and creating 2 notification templates in the voicemai box itself.

3@1ce Offline OP
OP Offline
Newtecky,

This is a Toshiba PBX 670 CTX, I'm not sure of the VM but I am familiar with the interface and I am using Toshiba handsets. I was hoping to find better resources to educate myself on the system. Do you know of a good "How to" source online? I'm not setting up a new group but wanting to add more numbers to the group. I thought this would be done through the PBX's internet browser and possibly configuring the handset to accept the new configuration.

I am not away of may resources online. Toshiba relies on their dealers to service the PBX systtems and don't expect or train the end user to make changes. All the Toshiba provided training is only for the dealers.

I don't know if you have used eManager, but it is an external software, not built into the PBX itself. It sounds like you may already have this installed on your PC.

The easiest part of your question would be to add more extensions into an existing Multiple Call group. The harder part would be to figure out which mutiple call group is the one that is called. Also, depending on how the group was setup, the installer may have used Phantom DNs instead of a MCG. You could look for MCG groups that contain the existing connections and add the ones you need.

The second part is the more difficult part, and requires software that connects to the voicemial system. Many people don't understand that the voicemail is a seperate unit. Many models require a direct connection by a serial cable, and can not connect by a network connection.

Best bet, as mentioned many times on this board, is to find a Toshiba dealer that is willing to help you install and setup emanager (if you need it) and provide a couple hours of training. Some dealers don't want to give the end user this type of administrative abilities, but other's will.

3@1ce Offline OP
OP Offline
When the phone system was initially installed, I reserved a workstation exclusively for the managing the PBX. eManager and the VM component were installed and configured correctly. I use Hyperterminal or phone dialer to access the VM unit. I am familiar with both and your correct regarding Toshiba and their dealers, I even tried to enroll as a deal to get training but they did not call me back. I will get into eManager and take note of how the groups are configured. Thanks for the input I will let you know what happens, I may need to call in a vendor.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
In your original post you mentioned Call Manager 7.0. That would indicate you have a MAS, or Media Application Server. This is a PC (or rack mount unit) that provides for Voice Mail, Network eManager and Strata Call Manager. Both system and voice mail programming is done with Network eManager. You should be able to access the MAS via Remote Desktop from any PC on the network.

Hire a dealer for training, then you can fly by yourself....

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 124 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024