web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a DKT in our server room and would like to be able to dial in and listen for UPS beeping, etc. It's easy to set up internally, but I haven't found a way to dial in from outside and listen.

Is there a way to make a DKT station take an EXTERNAL call and auto-answer or automatically go to intercom mode like this? I'm fairly adept at Stratagy token hack^H^H^H^Hprogramming too, if there's a way to code it up from a VM extension.

----
I.T. Geek by Trade
Telecom Newbie by Necessity
CIX 100 : ACTU AR5.20 MT067.00
and Stratagy IVP8
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have never tried this personally but i would think if you did a supervised transfer to that phone and had no forewarding set on it...

i would try this dial string just as a test
xxx,,,,1 if you dial a 1 to a tone first DKT it then turns into voice first and vise versa

then i would try it as unsupervised. just in case you dont know, putting an H after the DN/user id makes it unsupervised so the string would be
xxxH,,,,1

Bert
It would not be hard for the voicemail to call the extension, and even call voice first, but once the voicemail drops out of the call it becomes a transer, which will ring the just ring the phone.

The closest you could get is if you voicemail to back a 3 way conference first, but I am not sure if a 3-way is possible if no one answers at the DKT, and it may still just ring the phone when the voicemail system disconnects.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
have you tried DISA? then do a voice call to the extension.

sorry just tried it and it doesnt work.

why not have an IPT handset at home and make an internal call to the extension then you will be able to voice call into the server room.

Regards
Carl
I hate to say it, but sometimes the answer is outside the box (DK)

I would look at an external solution like the viking elevator phone Model # K-1500-EHF

it connects to an analog station and can do auto answer.

Hope this helps.

One thing you might also consider that has saved our butts a few times in our server room is a temperature sensor with an auto-dialer. When the room temp reaches 80F it sends a relay signal to the dialer which dials two different cell phones with a recorded message.

Depending on your UPS model, you may have the option to have a similar setup with a relay from the UPS to a dialer, or there are also standalone dialers that can measure temperature, humidity, and power all in one box. If status monitoring is your primary concern, you may be better served with an automated solution such as these.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024