web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#204523 06/21/11 11:11 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
OP Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
Has anyone had any experience with the IPedge yet?
What are your initial reactions?

I should be getting my sample soon then need to do TA testing for Oz.

Regards
Carl
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#204524 06/21/11 11:35 AM
Been through training, but I have not put my hands on one yet. Seems like an all IP version of the CIX as far as programming. Voicemial is the Strata Messaging. Conferencing Coming soon) and Netphone built-in. Every trunk is SIP. Analog and PRI will use an IP gatweay. Phones are the same IP 5000 phones.

A lot more licenses to it than the CIX and voicemail systems, but I hear that they will be doing a lot of bundling. Not sure if I like that eac department/AA requires a license.

Not sure when we would get a demo kit.

#204525 06/21/11 11:55 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
OP Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
Thanks for that newtecky.

Are the IP gateways the Audiocodes ones or are they Toshiba branded ones as I had indicitive images of a 1U IP gateway unit to complement the IPedge?

Did you have hands on training or through the online TUTOR site? how was it?

Regards
Carl
#204526 06/21/11 01:43 PM
We beta tested the IPEdge at our office and it went well. It acts and programs basically the same as CIX. Finally the management interface is hosted by the server itself instead of having to load any software. The gateways were all Audiocodes units. There are different ones for PRI/T1, pots lines and analog stations. The audiocodes have their own web interface for configuration. As was stated, the voicemail is the same as Strata Messaging by T3. Even in it's beta state, we didn't encounter any odd behavior. The only complaint we had was that the configuration of the Audiocodes equipment isn't integrated at all with the IPEdge and is a bit un-intuitive. Toshiba does provide some integration files which help out. Also, we integrated the IPEdge into our Stratanet network and everything worked as expected.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
#204527 06/21/11 02:34 PM
we were also a beta site, agree with p2ii the management being hosted on the server is a nice departure from emanger! the admin is very similar to emanager anybody comfortable with emanager can jump right in..

It takes trunks as sip only and the audiocodes boxes are definitly a pain. I realy think they should have had the server accept a pri card. you can also use your cix as the gateway for pri through stratanet.
Ip phones can be port forwarded through firewall both sip and IP5000(megaco)

the quality is great, everything on one server is so nice, 1 ip address is nice too, it uses 2 network connections bonded ..

our only complaint is there aren't many new features, (simultaneous ring, naming mcg's, etc)
they say they are coming soon ...

if this thing doesnt make those IT ***** happy than nothing will ....

PBX Battery backup systems

www.telcom1.net
#204528 06/22/11 05:24 PM
It did not appear to me that they added any new features that are not already on a CIX woth the Strata Messaging voicemail. From what I could see on the training videos programming looked very simular to the CIX. I am wondering if it will still lack some features that techs have been asking about for some time, multiple CF timers, named MCGs just to name a few.

I am hoping that being on a PC platform that development of new features will follow quickly. The built in admin would be a nice change, but until you try to talk a local user on how to setup an extension, you don't realize how many steps it takes on a CIX just to create a user, assign multipe DN keys, DIDs, Mailbox, VMID, etc.

A few of our sales team is meeting with Toshiba tomorrow. I compiled a quick list of my initial Pros., Cons, concerns, altho it is hard without actually touching it.

From those out there that have touched the IP edge, any other initial thoughts?

#204529 06/24/11 12:25 PM
When you create a new extension it will ask if you want to also create a voicemail box/vmid at the same time. No automated multiple dn's though.

Pat Austin
Teleco Inc.
Product Manager/Sales Engineer
Adtran ATSP
TCTE/CTP Certified

Teleco Homepage
#204530 06/24/11 12:29 PM
Moderator-Toshiba
OP Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
have you guys done the online TUTOR training?
how did you find it?

Regards
Carl
#204531 06/24/11 12:33 PM
My initial thoughts (although I don't haven't touched or seen one yet... just going through the certification training)

#1. I've installed systems twenty years ago that are still working. I can't imagine installing an IPedge that won't need replacing in half that time.

#2. Going to need a good stock of Audiocodes... and what would be relatively inexpensive or easy on hardwired systems are going to be expensive and complex using gateways.

If I had my druthers... I'd wait a few more years before I start installing these... (wait for the technology to mature a bit) but I'm the installer, not the salesman, so I won't have much say.

#204532 06/24/11 12:40 PM
Moderator-Toshiba
OP Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
I was let to beleive Toshiba was going to use their own gateway devices.
The Audiocodes are going to be a pain in the ar** and very expensive over here, just another 3rd party bolt on that we could have done without.
There is always going to be an IT dude that thinks their gateway is better than the Audiocodes and cheaper so they will want to use that instead.
We sell lots of the CIX200 so that usually keeps the IT dudes happy.

Regards
Carl
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 77 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024