web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
First, let me say I don't really have much experience with Toshiba phone systems, only some using the emanager on the CIX670 at one of our locations.

This particular system is an older CTX100 system, and recently we had to purchase new phones which have displays on them. The displays are showing names of old employees, I wish to reset the display name to be blank or have the new employees name. The only programming information I have is the system administration box is Intercom x850 *, the password, then 8 for System administration, and 4 for managing users. Going through all the options, I didn't see any for name change. I tried resetting a user ID, but that didn't seem to do it.

I don't have any software, is this possible to be done over a phone? If so, can I please have instructions.

Thank you kindly in advance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You need Emanager or WinAdmin to change the names on the phones on the old CTX, cant do it through the phone

What steve said, you would need emanager software to change the names.

Toshiba did come out with a way to change names by using a phone somewhere in about version 2.21 or 2.22, but this has to be enabled. It is disabled on all phones by default. So the chance it would work for you is very close to 0.01%.

The admin box you where using is just for the voicemail system. It would not make any changes to the phone. If there is a name in the mailbox, then it is only ised for a dial-by-name directory in the voiecmail system.

Emanager usually works even on old systems, but if the CTX software is really old, it gets buggy.

OP Offline
So I have several CTX100 systems, CHSUB112A. I should purchase the winadmin software and manage them that way?

Is it easy to figure out? Things like changing button assignments on phones, to display names and creating new extensions. I would reach out to phone vendor to see about software but what would be the expected cost of the software, and is there are particular version that I should be using, or should it be compatible with all the CTX100 systems?

We also have 2 CIX40 systems, would the winadmin software work with those as well?

Thank you for your assistance!

No , you need Emanager for the CIX , it will also work on the older CTX

Network Emanager is the tool but be sure to check that the pc/laptop is compatible with it. Check with your support service.

OP Offline
This is what I was told by my vendor:

I was told by Toshiba application desk that WinAdmin was for the DK telephone systems. What you need is e-manager and the system would have to be upgraded to a minimum of version 3.0. You would need to give us a network connection and an internal static IP address and designate a PC where you want software installed. The software to upgrade the telephone system and the e-manager software is no charge.

Question, how do I find out what version system I have?

The software is no charge, but they would likely be charging the labor. Also you phone system will not be operational while the upgrade is in progress.

I would say don't worry about what version you have now. Let them upgrade your CIX to the latest software level and install Emanager. It will save you a lot of time and problems by trying to do it yourself.

There is a few slight issues in that statement. WinAdmin was not for a DK system. It was used for the CTX up to ver 2.22. With ver 3.XX emanager was created.

Emanager does work on older version, but tends to get a bit buggy on real old versions.

Make sure the PC you has the correct Windows version. Ask them for the PC requirements. Also be aware that the EManager will not allow you to make changes to your voicemail system. use the admin box as you decribed above.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024