web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
If you end up installing an IPedge system with an Audiocodes gateway for POTS lines - you'll quickly discover that you cannot specify which POTS line you want to use for any particular call, every call will start on Line one, and move up in ascending order...

Toshiba couldn't help me, so I dug around online, and with a few hints from Trixbox posts, came up with the information to correctly do LCR on the IPedge/Audiocodes setup. For the other three people out there who need this information, here it is:

-----------------------------------------------

Problem: Need to be able to select which port you go out on the Audiocodes Gateway.
(And you can emulate CO line appearances on your keystrip with this ...)

To be able to select outbound trunks on MP-118:

Using Four FXO ports:

---------------------------------------------------
On IPedge:

First, set up four Incoming/Outgoing trunks. Make sure that each OLG has the pool key set to the OLG number,
this way you can program pooled line keys on each phone to emulate CO line appearances.

Set Route Definitions under LCR
Route 1 - OLG 1 - Digit Mod 1
Route 2 - OLG 2 - Digit Mod 2
Route 3 - OLG 3 - Digit Mod 3
Route 4 - OLG 4 - Digit Mod 4

Set the rest of LCR as you ordinarily would, for example, your route choice table
can look like this:
Route 1
Route Definition 1: 1
Route Definition 2: 2
Route Definition 3: 3
Route Definition 4: 4
(or descending order, if you like)

Now, this is critical: Set each modified digit table:
Modified Digit Table 1: Add Leading Digit: 1
Modified Digit Table 2: Add Leading Digit: 2
Modified Digit Table 3: Add Leading Digit: 3
Modified Digit Table 4: Add Leading Digit: 4

We're going to prefix a single digit to each outgoing number to tell the Audiocodes which
port we want to go out on. (and then strip that number in the Audiocodes Manipulation Table.)

On Audiocodes:

Protocol Configuration/Protocol Definition/SIP General Parameters/Enable Early Media: Enable
(I'm not sure what this does, except it didn't work without it.)

Protocol Configuration/Manipulation Tables/Dest Number IP->Tel
Type '1' in row index box, then click 'add'.
Change "Stripped Digits From Left" to '1'

Protocol Configuration/Routing Tables/IP to Trunk Group Routing
Dest Host - Source Host - Dest Phone Prefix - Source Phone - Source IP - Hunt Group ID - IP Profile Source - IPGroup
1 * * 1 * * 1 0 -1
2 * * 2 * * 2 0 -1
3 * * 3 * * 3 0 -1
4 * * 4 * * 4 0 -1

Protocol Configuration/Endpoint Number/Endpoint Phone Number:
Channel - Phone Number - Hunt Group - Profile ID
1 5551234 1 0
2 5551235 2 0
3 5551236 3 0
4 5551237 4 0
(Obviously, use your own phone number - the hunt group is the important thing here)

Protocol Configuration/Hunt Group/Hunt Group Settings:
Hunt Group ID - Channel Select - Registration - Serving IP - Gateway - Contact User
1 - Ascending - Leave blank - Leave blank - Leave blank - Leave blank
2 - Ascending - Leave blank - Leave blank - Leave blank - Leave blank
3 - Ascending - Leave blank - Leave blank - Leave blank - Leave blank
4 - Ascending - Leave blank - Leave blank - Leave blank - Leave blank
(I don't know if channel select mode makes any difference in this example - it would if you were
grouping several ports into one hunt group.)

Now you can program LCR the same as you can on a CIX, directing to the port you want, as well as putting Pooled Line keys on the phones
to emulate CO line appearances.

I have this working at one location - so I can help anyone with this configuration.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Thanks for the info. I am hoping I wont have to add POTS to an IP edge, but with the EP model, I am sure it will happen.

We were able to get it working great using SIP trunks in house, so I think that is how our sales staff will be selling it.

Since I dmn't think there is a way to mark threads as favorites, I will be sure to search hear for this posts when it comes up.

OP Offline
I tried to give it a title that reflected what I was searching for - "Audiocodes Port Selection". According to Toshiba, most systems are going in with PRI - which only makes sense - I think the IPedge systems are better for the larger installations - since the bigger companies would already have a good IP backbone.

But still - people are going to end up selling the small EP system to small companies, and the issue of LCR is going to come up.

By the way, the "Exceptions" table doesn't work, you can't specify what route you want exceptions to go to, as you can on earlier systems.

The trick, as I discovered, is like this:

Plan One (local calls): N11, all local prefixes
Plan Two (Zum 2 & 3): ZUM prefixes in same AC
Plan Three (Long Distance): NXX, 1NXX

Now, your mileage may vary, since I don't have the problem of ZUM2 or ZUM3 prefixes that are in a different area code... so you might end up with a few more plans...

The IPedge seems to go down the plans in order, and if prefix '383' (as an example) is placed as an exception to Plan One (which is NXX) - it won't work... it will follow Plan One routing...

FYI seemed a tad surprised to see that you couldn't assign a plan to an Exception table.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024