web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a CTX670 in our main office with all DKT phones. We have a CTX100 in a remote office that has a few IPT extensions. There is a need for one of those remote IPT extensions to ring for inbound calls when the ctx670 system is on Night mode.

It appears that for local extensions all I have to do is add them to the MCG for night mode and that extension will ring when the system is night mode. I tried adding the remote extension (739) and the user reports that it doesn't ring in night mode. I also tried adding the remote extension with the network node ahead of the extension (6662739) and it didn't work.

Is there a way to make this work?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Simple answer: no.

You can not make the phone ring at 2 different nodes ring at the same time. The only way the phone at the CIX 100 will ring is if you have it DIT to an MCG at the remote node, but then your local extensions will not work.

You can call forward from the local MCG to an MCG on the other system so it will ring as a delay, but that is as close as you can get.

Since it is an IPT, you could connect that phone to the CIX 670 at the main office.

OP Offline
Thanks for the info. One of these days I'm going to have to buy you lunch when I'm back in OC.

Unfortunately the 670 does not have an IP station card and I think the processor is too old anyway.

I have a bajillion unused DKTs (many of them still configured on the system and the phones just piled in a closet). Can I add one of those extensions to the MCG and set it to all-call-forward to the remote IPT? Or does all call forwarding ignore MCG rings?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by camarones:
Can I add one of those extensions to the MCG and set it to all-call-forward to the remote IPT? Or does all call forwarding ignore MCG rings?
The MCG ignores the extension call forward status and the handset will still ring.

Regards
Carl
Originally posted by camarones:
Thanks for the info. One of these days I'm going to have to buy you lunch when I'm back in OC.
Today I will actually be in the San Diego area for one of our customers, but probabaly after lunch. smile

So the 2 systems are connected by a T1 and not with IP QSig?

A few years back someone said in a post that they figured out how to ring 2 nodes at the same time. He did not post details. I thought I remmeber looping an analog extension to an analog trunk. I can see how this might work, but I have not tried this.

I have a fealing that this limitation will extens to the new IP edge system out now.

OP Offline
Sorry, my location was out of date. I'm in Missouri most of the time now. But sometimes OC and sometimes Atlanta... I'm all over the place.

The systems are indeed tied via IP QSig.

It is using a BIPU-Q card then, not an LIPU? An LIPU would suport IP phones as well, but a BIPU-Q would not.

OP Offline
The local CTX670 only has a BIPU-Q. The remote system (CTX100) has both LIPU and BIPU-Q.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,813 Shoretel
188,972 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (pvj), 97 guests, and 167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024