web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
How is everyone handling the customers that want to use Net eManager on their systems?

Are you setting up a limited User Level?
if so how are you making the choice of what they can and can't access?

Are you having them sign off on a warranty waiver if they are given full admin access?

Are you making them attend a admin training class prior to installing their access?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

A lot of dealers get worried about customers making changing to their system as either a loss of revenue or the potential for customers to cause problems.

In the past one issue I have run into are when something changes in the system and the customer swears they did not change anything.

The only other issue is the 1 or 2 users that want you to spend time talking them through making changes, then expect the tech help for free. I could have made the changes in less then half the time myself and changed full price.

Generally I think these are the exceptions. Most people with Emanager access still call us for anything beyond very basic administration.

I think setting up a restricted user is a good idea, but I ususally put the fear into customers that they could cause great harm to the system if they make a bad change. That usually works pretty well.

I think at least an hour of training should be bundled into installing Net emanager, plus 1 hour of installation if it is not on a MAS.I usually only cover basic things like name changes and button programing. Most users can see how complex the system really is when they se all the options.

I may be talking from the point of a tech, but our company policy is to pretty much provide admin access to any customer that asks for it. Sometimes it is part of the deal when the system is sold.

We charge them for basic training on the programmer, and do not offer assistance via the phone once they have been trained. We also warn them that any issue created by them attempting to admin the system is billed as a service ticket, and not covered by our labor warranty.

Admin access is asked for on every deal, and has to be provided. If you don't provide it, your chances of getting the deal diminsih, and to be honest most clients use it for about 2 weeks, and then go back to having us admin the system.

James Berman
Business Telephone Systems
770-638-5000
Mitel - Premise and Cloud Solutions
Iwatsu
| Business Telephone Systems Atlanta |
Back in the day when I was installing systems for others I would install the admin software for the customer on at least 1 computer and give them training in it's use. I always, always, always, emphasised the part about backing up the system regularly and I always emphasised the part of training that went "If you are not sure of what you are doing, do not do it."

And I always kept a backup copy of their system on my laptop (and it's regular backups). More than once I received the call to restore my copy because it was the only one available. Customers were usually happy to pay that bill quickly.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,787
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,109 Shoretel
188,988 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, James D.), 140 guests, and 164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024