web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#207785 05/05/04 05:26 PM
OP Offline
I have a customer that has a 4 port analog dispatch (386 platform). They have a problem with the date being incorrect. Upon checking the software rev, I found it to be 1.73. Tech support said I “simply” had to upgrade it to 2.01 for the 386 platform.

Turns out, you need to upgrade the system to 1.74 before you can take it to 2.01. So I attempted to do this with the EZ Step software that Vodavi said to use. No luck…every thing looks like it transfers over and unzips….but the rev level does change.

A call to tech support resulted in setting the revision.txt file to:

Attrib –r –a –s –h revision.txt

Then I tried the upload of 1.74 software again. All looked like it transferred, but once again the rev level did not change. Tech support had me delete the revision.txt file and do a reinit.

No luck. If I go in through Admin and try to check the rev level, the system locks up. Probably not a big surprise as the revision.txt is no longer on the VM. After several manual reboots, I guess the box decided it was done playing and would no longer boot up. Tech support explained that led’s 1, 5, and 7 mean there is a memory problem.

I opened the box this evening (happy Cinco de Mayo to me) and reseated the memory. It now fires up!! So I thought I would try uploading the 1.74 release.txt file off my laptop to the VM. The Zmodem transfer fails. When I use EZ Step, Zmodem transfers seem to work just fine. What gives??

Any pointers or suggestion on how to upgrade these things would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
I've done a bunch of upgrades on analog & digital TalkPaths. Some go smoothly & some crap out. Usually a call to Vodavi TS fixes things up. Since 1.77 for analog & 1.91b for digital the upgrades are easier using EZstep. But I never upgrade after hours in case a call to Vodavi is needed.

OP Offline
I got it to work! I put a temporary VM system out at the customers prem and brought theirs back to our shop.

I went through the analog VM and cleaned (i.e. deleted) all the files off the drive that did not look right. I then did the upgrade via DOS commands. It looks like the EZ Step program is a shell that automates what I did manually via DOS. The exception was that EZ Step would not update or replace the release.txt file.

I was able to get the system up to 1.74 and chose not to use EZ Step to get it to 2.01. The upgrade worked just fine!!

Lesson learned: I will never use EZ Step again.

By the way, this is the same lesson I learned 2 years ago with WinDBA. J

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,718 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,919 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, SamF), 116 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024