web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#207917 07/12/04 09:54 AM
OP Offline
We had a thunder storm here last night our phone system went crazy lines started ringing out on their own you could not hang up on a call all you could do was put it on hold however you could still get out side incoming calls. early today we shut the system down and did a system reboot. now the system wont let you make or recieve any out side calls, if you pick up a line you get dropped 2 or 3 seconds later We have a vodavi dhs system with 2 3x8 boards w/o vm we tryed taking the boards off and swaping them around all with the same outcome I really fell this has some thing to do with the phones and not the ksu help would be wonderful

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#207918 07/12/04 09:57 AM
OP Offline
sorry about all the typos in that last post mybe I should proffff read what I email I can really speeeell better tan that but not today sorry

#207919 07/12/04 10:40 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Sounds like your KSU got fried. It would be very unlikely that your phones ALL got damaged by lightning.

You should call the company that installed it. Insurance may help with the cost.

#207920 07/13/04 10:15 AM
Have you gotten the system back on-line and if so what did you do? Like any other computer based system fluctuating power or lightning can cause strange this to happen. I had a similar problem that caused the same thing to happen. Vodavi tech support stated that I had corruption in the database or the CPU was gone and to try defaulting the system first. After I re-initializing the CPU, everything worked properly again.

#207921 07/13/04 11:30 AM
OP Offline
No not yet, We put a few lines in front of the ksu and did a call forward from bellsouth, all of the incoming lines work so this is ok for now.I can't find a tech in the phone book that wants any thing to do with this type of thing and we really dont want to work with the guy who sold this system to us.

I really feel (just a hunch ) the problem right now is getting the system programed.

I took one of two 3x8 cards out and re booted same thing, changed cards rebooted same thing, put in a new 3x8 card same thing, made the top 3 lines the bottom 2 took out the moh, disconected the alarm from the system, same thing any thing that I could think of doing I did always the same thing.

I Went thru f*# as best i could but I don't really understand half of what I'm doing
any thoughts would be helpfull I here you can re program this system online? or can somone walk me thru set up I will gladly pay
call me on my cell phone 502 558-6683

thanks
jim

#207922 07/14/04 08:33 AM
Jim:

I see where you have done about everything short of replacing the KSU. I did want to mention one thing to you. Have you defaulted the system database? In the manual there is a procedure to "INITIALIZE" the system. This is done when the system is new and first installed and if you suspect corruption in the database. I'm not sure if you have a manual or not and if you haven't done this let me know and I will call you and walk you through it. The system has proprietary software that you can load on a laptop and program the system via a DB9 to DB9 cable or you can install an external modem for dial in access but there isn't web based programming or access. I hope this helps and let me know about initializing the system.

#207923 07/14/04 11:34 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
It sure seems like a "cold re-start" or "initialization" would help the situation.
TBone---you seem to have a good handle on that kind of thing. Default Data will be loaded, so try to take down as much info as possible from the old system if possible---extension numbers especially. Good Luck

#207924 07/15/04 06:16 AM
OP Offline
Thank you,
To all of you on this board, you have been WONDERFULL.
We put a new KSU with two new 3x8 cards in first thing today, and It worked like a champ first time out. (Sundance was outstanding).
With out the help of you guys I never would have been able to do this on my own.
Please keep the cell number from my last post. you guys will always have a friend in Louisville. Please let me know if any of you need anything automotive (lights, bumpers, fenders , hoods etc,,)I would be more than willing to help.

Jim

#207925 07/15/04 06:36 AM
Good Job, guys. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024