web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tbone Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a DHS that has been installed since 1998 and never had anything go wrong with this system until now. When a call comes in (6x16 with 6 COs and 8 Stations)on ANY line/Any telephone, they can tell by what they hear when they answer and they tell the caller hold on I can't hear you. They place the call on hold and then go back in on the same line and the audio is at the proper level. If they don't do this, the volume of the call is so low that they can't properly hear the caller. I've tried every combination of things that I can think of except for swapping the KSU. Vodavi tech support says that I have database corruption and need to default the CPU or I have a bad CPU. To make matter worse, he has a 2nd system in another state that is doing the exact same thing so he thinks that it's a bug in the system and not the surge/lightning trouble. Has anyone experienced this before with the DHS, please let us know! Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
YIKES!!! Customer has good service from a piece of equipment for 6 years--24hrs a day---and he says that there's a BUG in the system??? Wow!!! Tough crowd. If a reset of the system doesn't do anything, and the C.O.s are fine from a buttset placed before the system---then there may be some corruption of data, but maybe some damage to the ports themselves too---but I doubt if a surge or overvoltage situation would make ALL SIX ports go. This database corruption has always been a big thing with Vodavi and to "clear" it, you may, indeed, have to default the CPU---then reprogram. These corruptions may be because of electrical surges---do you have a battery backup on this system??? UPSs seem to "cure" alot of electrical diseases. Hopefully no permanent damage has been done to the 6 year old. Good luck.

Tbone Offline OP
OP Offline
They KSU is on a dedicated battery back up. This customer is a trucking company in a office/trailer and I've had my doubts about the ground from day one but as you stated in your message,six years later, who's complaining???.

Sell them a STS and be done with it.

vodaviman

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 136 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024