web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Timbo Offline OP
OP Offline
I want to ring (ring all) a call into a hunt group of 3 phones on an XTS and have the call overflow to voice mail with specific VMID digits so it will end up in a general voice mailbox. It works if the CO call rings in to the hunt group directly, but does not work if transferred into the group via auto-attendant. I want to use the auto-attendant to transfer the call to the group. Any ideas?

TIA,
Timbo

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
I don't think a ring all hunt can be forwarded.
Try a appearance of an analog port that appears on all the phones as needed.

A6 Offline
I am not sure I know what you are asking. You can ring into a hunt group like 450 and then overflow if not answered into vm.

Are you saying that if it comes into the autoattendant, you can't transer to the group (like 450)?

What happens when you transfer into the group from the autoattendant? Does it not forward into vm after the timeout. Does it not ring all the phones? What's not happening?

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
Timbo Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A6:
I am not sure I know what you are asking. You can ring into a hunt group like 450 and then overflow if not answered into vm.

Are you saying that if it comes into the autoattendant, you can't transer to the group (like 450)?

What happens when you transfer into the group from the autoattendant? Does it not forward into vm after the timeout. Does it not ring all the phones? What's not happening?
</font>

A6:
I want an incoming call to get an auto attendant greeting (using Pathfinder) and give a single digit option to be blind- Transferred to a group of 3 phones that should all ring simultaneously (i.e. "press 2 for sales"). If the call is unanswered by any of the 3 phones in the group I want the call to go to a general sales mailbox that is not associated with any of the 3 phones in the group. I then want to put a voice mail button for that general mailbox on all 3 phones so any of the 3 employees can pick up the message when available. This seems to work if a CO directly rings into the group but does not work if the call is front-ended by the Pathfinder Auto-attendant menu then xfer'd to the group. It just continues to ring the group and never goes to vmail. We've also tried a "supervised" transfer from Auto Attendant and the call ends up in the voice mail box of the first member of the group which we also don't want.
I know we can kind of "rig" it by using an analog port and call coverage buttons as suggested by DrPbx above, but we only have two analog ports and they are already in use. I was under the impression that a hunt group could overflow to voice mail with any VMID digits and, in fact, it seems to work on direct CO calls but not AA transferred calls.
Sorry for the long winded message but I hope that clears up what I'm trying to accomplish.

Timbo

It seems you might be better off with a supervised transfer. No answer to your general mailbox. Your problem has to do with your hunt group not having VMID digits to carry after the FNA.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
I personally have not worked with Pathfinder, but on the KeyVoice (this may not apply to your situation at all) I make a VM box for the UCD group then I make it light the MW on one of the group phones--then show them how to access that Mailbox---or I make a MB for the group and have every msg immediately call forwarded to one of the groups mailbox. Don't know if that info is any good for you though. Good Luck

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
His problem is that you cannot program an overflow station for the hunt groups. At least that is the way it is on the STS and I think the programming is the same.

You'll have to do what DrPbx suggested and use an appearance of an analog port (or digital if you have a spare phone.)

OK--I got it. Yeah, if the call can't go to an overflow destination or re-route somewhere then he's stuck, so to speak.

Timbo,
I just noticed that on the newer STS systems there is an option to have an overflow on the Hunt Groups. I'm not sure if this is true for the XTS.

Apparently a new software version came out a couple of months ago.

Timbo Offline OP
OP Offline
nfcphoneman:
Thanks for the info....we did finally get it to work on the XTS. You have to use an "All Ring" group and it works just the way we want. We had some corruption in the initial database and the problem cleared when we reprogrammed it.
Thanks to all for the replies.

Timbo

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024