web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,

I purchased a pizza delivery franchise and corporate installed a Starplus system with one executive phone(7314) and three 7312's. They are a year and a half old and the only one still operating correctly is the 7314. The 7312's (all three of them) seem to have a broken speaker. The speaker phone lights up, but no sound. The line rining lights up but no audible ring. I have tried to change the type of ring....no help. I have tried to turn up the volume....no help. So, if someone is on the 7314, we can't hear the other phones ringing. NOT GOOD IN A PIZZA DELIVERY BUSINESS! I had a tech from the company that corporate uses come out and he literally picked up the hand piece and placed it back down and said, "You need a new phone." New phone? WHAT? They're only 18mos old and all are experiencing the same problem. So, if I need a new phone, isn't it some kind of defect or something? Has anyone else experienced this? I was also given two of the exact same phones (7312) from another franchise owner but when I plug them in, all the lights just flash. Do I need to program them somehow? Thanks in advance for all your help! It is greatly appreciated!

Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Sounds to me like the phones are in headset mode. Do you have any user guides for the phones?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
You should not have to do any programming when replacing the phones. If they phone is just blinking, you may have a couple of good phones. Make sure the line cord is plugged into the jack labled KSU on the back of the phone.

Have you tried pressing the volume key while the phone is on-hook? This turns the ringing volume up. Also, have you tried replacing one of the bad 7312 sets with the 7314? If the 7314 works in the same jack, then the 7312 is bad.

You can get the phones repaired, otherwise you will have to buy a new one. Perhaps Sundance can repair it for you.

We've done a lot of pizza shops over the years. They are murder on phones. Too much dough gets in the buttons. If you don't have them, get some keypad protects like the ones at https://www.viziflex.com

The phone should ring in headset mode. But that is something to check. To cancel headset mode, dial Feat 9 #

OP Offline
Thanks for your replies. I have tried the volume adjustment with no change. The 7314 works on the same jack. Why would a working 7312 from another store result in all the lights blinking when installed in my store? It is plugged into the KSU jack. Also, we get our shells delivered daily, so we don't have any flour or the such on our hands. Besides, the 7314 is the first phone of choice so it gets used the most and the others are used not as much and are off to the sides. It just seems like I need to punch in a code for the phones from the other store. But, what the h**l do I know? I do have the little manuals they gave us but there is no trouble shooting guide in them. Thanks again for all the help!

Mike

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 136 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024