web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
sqwasi Offline OP
OP Offline
To anyone that can help,

We currently have a Vodavi XTS system that a local Vodavi Rep installed for us. However, they have never gotten the networking of the systems by VoIP working. See, we have 9 stores in seperate cities. They each have the XTS system and we have attempted to connect them, but when we communicate accross the lines by using an extension number we get delay, cut-offs, and many other voice problems. I think the problem orginated because the Vodavi Rep had never installed one of these VoIP systems before. They never told us what type of network that we needed to run the VoIP on. They had told us that they could set it up with a Point-to-Point connection, but our sites are out of state so it is too expensive to have Point-to-Point lines out of state. What we were wondering is if someone could give us information on Vodavi's recommended network for setting up the XTS systems networked with the Discovery VoIP cards.

What type of lines should we have between the sites? We currently are using frame-relay, but it doesn't work that well. Or we just have something not working right. We turned on the TOS bit and our routers are prioritizing it, but it still isn't working right. Also, every time the power goes out we have to go and set the TOS bit again. Also, is it a problem to run the VoIP through NAT? We had heard it was that is why we have the network setup the way it is now.

Anyone that can help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. We have working with this problem for over a year now and still can't solve it. Anyone who has done this type of system, could you give us your recommends and what you setup other systems as? Thank you so much for your help and assistance. Thank you.

Isaac
Bozeman, MT

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have you tried contacting Vodavi directly ? I assume since you have multiple sites ,it would be in their best interest to help you straighten it out, i haven't had any XTS experience ,but I would also assume they are aware of the issues and probably have the software improvements to cure it check with them at vodavi.com

Isaac,

What is the CIR of your frame connections? What are the ping reply times to you get from each site?

You should not be using NAT. Your IP cards should have a routable IP address. You can try talking to Vodavi, but they are going to say it is your network. The documentation clearly sates “The use of NAT will prevent successful implementation of VOIP networking unless the router software in use specifically addresses the use of H.323 with NAT.”

We have a VOIP system running just fine here in Seattle. But you really have to make sure the network is solid. There is not a lot of room for error when it comes to voice transmission.

Rob B.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I would strongly recommend that you contact Vodavi directly at 888-422-2305 and ask someone with inside sales to put you in touch with their regional sales representative. They can either put you in touch with another local dealer or maybe even take care of it themselves. Vodavi is very good about supporting end users who are not satisfied. It is their reputation on the line and they take it very seriously. We too have had great success with the VOIP equipent Vodavi makes, even on our in-house systems. I am sure that you have easily-correctable problems.

We currently have a Vodavi XTS system that a local Vodavi Rep installed for us. However, they have never gotten the networking of the systems by VoIP working. See, we have 9 stores in seperate cities. They each have the XTS system and we have attempted to connect them, but when we communicate accross the lines by using an extension number we get delay, cut-offs, and many other voice problems. I think the problem orginated because the Vodavi Rep had never installed one of these VoIP systems before. They never told us what type of network that we needed to run the VoIP on. They had told us that they could set it up with a Point-to-Point connection, but our sites are out of state so it is too expensive to have Point-to-Point lines out of state. What we were wondering is if someone could give us information on Vodavi's recommended network for setting up the XTS systems networked with the Discovery VoIP cards.

What type of lines should we have between the sites? We currently are using frame-relay, but it doesn't work that well. Or we just have something not working right. We turned on the TOS bit and our routers are prioritizing it, but it still isn't working right. Also, every time the power goes out we have to go and set the TOS bit again. Also, is it a problem to run the VoIP through NAT? We had heard it was that is why we have the network setup the way it is now.

Anyone that can help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. We have working with this problem for over a year now and still can't solve it. Anyone who has done this type of system, could you give us your recommends and what you setup other systems as? Thank you so much for your help and assistance. Thank you.

Isaac
Bozeman, MT[/B][/QUOTE]

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I would like to know how your data network is setup. What i mean is - do you connect to your other stores - share files - servers, etc...

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 206 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024