web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a Vodavi Infinite DVX Mach 1 that we have never used and we finally decided to get it up and going so we could install it for a customer but when I power it up the phone shows the display saying "DKTU-24D" and under that it says "G5PD V.2.0B" The switch will not do anything else. The phone just has that on the display.
I tried flipping the switches and defaulting it but I get the same result. Has anyone had this problem before. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Sounds like you need to call sales support and get your unlock code.

First of all - is it a 24 button phone? Also you need to turn DIP Switch 8 on to default the switch. when you do make sure the 24 button phone is on station 100. Also how are you hooking your phone to the system via a 66 block or an anaconda (that is what we call them) an 8 port connector that plugs directly into the side of the KSU.

OP Offline
I am using a 24 button display phone and we have tried it on a few different ports but it does the same thing on every port. I have installed these before and have never needed a "unlock code" from Vodavi. We also tried with a 66 block and with a 8 port amphenol breakout.

The only dip switches I have seen on the main board are the 2 dipswitches for the battery and the default. I dont see any dipswitch 8. Their are 8 dip switches on the rs232 card but I was under the impression those were for the speed,baud,etc

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
This has happened to me(several times) on a 1428 digital many years ago---but I can't seem to remember how I got it to be normal. The only thing I can think of is wiring/re-seating of an amphenol--or something in that area. Do you have a 66 block to modular adapter that goes right on the block?? I'll try to find some old customer service notes...maybe something will spark a part in my brain.

Don't know much about the Infinite, but had a similar problem with an STS. All the phone would display was the software version. Turned out I was'nt giving the system time enough to boot up before setting the default switch back to the normal postion. I had powered down, flipped the default switch, powered back up and immeditely flipped the switch back to normal after only a coupla seconds. I had to re-init again but wait until the system came back up again before swithching the dip switch to the normal position.

Sorry about the Dip Switch 8 thing. I was thinking of an XTS. Try the default again and then try to turn the clock off and reset and recycle the power. Is that the only 3x8 CKIB you have. I would try another card just to see if you have a bad card or not

Ironhead i was thinking the same thing!

I had that happen to me on an XTS and it ended up being the processor card needed pulled out and reseated, just a thought.

OP Offline
Thanks for all the great info. I have tried everything I could think of and Vodavi Tech support is going to send out new processor chips so I will let you know if that fixes it

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024