web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
louisd Offline OP
OP Offline
My company just inherited a PBX from the company that used to occupy the space we're about to move in. We were preparing to purchase a new system but are now wondering if the system that was left behind is worth anything. The system has a large cabinet labeled "Infinite Basic KSU IN9000-00" in addition the cabinet contains cards labeled:

PS10A (2 of them)
DTIB (4 of them)
SLIB (1 of them)
LCOB (1 of them)
DIDB (1 of them)
T1IB (1 of them)
MPBI (1 of them)
MISU (1 of them)

50 handsets were also left behind. Assuming the system works is it something that shouldn't be too hard to connect to a bunch of analog lines?

Thank for any information you can provide.

--Louis

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Louis:
Do you have an e-mail address?? Are you the one who is going to program & maintain the system? It seems that with 50 phones and a working KSU just dropped in your lap---that it may be worth it to see if you can use the equipment. The Vodavi Infinite has some age on it for sure, but it is also a solid system---but if you're going to maintain it, you're going to have to have manuals and some knowledge of phone systems. Who maintained it before??? Do you have a Vodavi dealer near you?? If you're going to go down that road (and why not?)--make sure your ducks are all in a row. It isn't quite like connecting "a bunch of analog lines"---there may be a few more issues. I see that there is a DID trunk card and a T1 card. You may need some professional technician to help you---but it certainly would be less expensive to go that route rather than a new system. Will this system provide all the features that you need? What kind of system do you have in your old space?
I don't know if that answers your question, but those are my thoughts right off the top of my head. Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by JWRacedog (edited March 17, 2005).]

A6 Offline
This sounds like an Infinite DVX+4. There is a software chip on the MPB1 board that should give you the software revision number. That will help whoever you get to administer your system

JW brings up alot of good questions on getting someone to service your equipment. It is a good system that is very reliable. That particular system is no longer in production by Vodavi but it is still supported.

You have 1 LCOB so you can hook up 8 analog lines. You have a T1 card so you can also get a circuit for 24 channels. You also have a DID card so thats good for another 8. You have a system that is ready to go.

Tip and ring, the work of the devil!
My company serves your area email me i will me glad to answer your questions or pay you a visit to help you out.

Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
I need a few phone set that go with this system. Do you have any extra you would like to get rid of? If yes, what model #? IN90xx-xx.

------------------
Bound to cover,
just a little more ground.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
When the infinite program existed, our company was Vodavi's authorized dealer for Northern Virginia and DC. This may have been one of our installations. I may be able to check our records to find out more information for you. Just send me an e-mail or call me at 703-546-1234, ext. 108 and I will see what I can do for you.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by louisd:
My company just inherited a PBX from the company that used to occupy the space we're about to move in. We were preparing to purchase a new system but are now wondering if the system that was left behind is worth anything. The system has a large cabinet labeled "Infinite Basic KSU IN9000-00" in addition the cabinet contains cards labeled:

PS10A (2 of them)
DTIB (4 of them)
SLIB (1 of them)
LCOB (1 of them)
DIDB (1 of them)
T1IB (1 of them)
MPBI (1 of them)
MISU (1 of them)

50 handsets were also left behind. Assuming the system works is it something that shouldn't be too hard to connect to a bunch of analog lines?

Thank for any information you can provide.

--Louis
</font>

Louis,

It sounds like you have a complete system there. I work as a consultant and I would be happy to help you find some one to work on your system as well as answer any questions you may have. I am also a certified vodavi technician so I am sure I could help you. Send me an email [email protected].

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024