Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#209739 02/15/06 09:54 AM
OP Offline
:shrug: I have found the admin password and the a mailbox password, but when i enter voice mail i keep getting the same mailbox and not a choice to enter a new mailbox just a choice to go to others. :shrug: I can program a Partner fairly well but the Vodavi seems tricky.
Thank you in for reading this and any help you can give.

I have done so much for so long with so little i think i can do anything with nothing forever
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#209740 02/15/06 10:07 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
You'll need a laptop connected to the voice mail card to do much of anything along those lines. There may be some phone system programming that will get you closer to what you need to know. It sounds like this isn't really voice mail programming at all though, more likely to be phone programming. Post back with a little bit more information and we will get this straightened out.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#209741 02/15/06 10:13 AM
OP Offline
Ok, I just installed a phone on extion 110, i jumped it to a prelabled block on 10. They told me they want a voice mail box set up for the phone. I asked them how to enter the voice mail and the tell me a 7 digit phone number. Then i press the ** #thing and enter the mailbox password and my problems start. I have entered the admin password but still no mailbox. They are going to use the phone for a secetary, just to answer the phone and direct calls. They also want to be able to have the customer of cowokers to be ablke to leave a message so she can call and get it.

Shawn

I have done so much for so long with so little i think i can do anything with nothing forever
#209742 02/15/06 10:57 AM
Shawn:

The simple solution that will avoid another trip out there is to just have them activate no-answer forwarding for that station themselves. All they have to do is (without lifting the handset), dial 6407440. If you want to dig deeper and embed this programming into the system, you will need to go there.

The mailbox for this extension is already there; the system defaults with mailboxes for the first 32 extensions. You just need to forward that extension to voice mail. What I gave you is a temporary solution, but if you want to avoid headaches in the future, refer to station programming, flash 50, page C to set the permanent forwarding to voice mail, ext. 440.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#209743 02/15/06 11:01 AM
OP Offline
I will talk to them tomorow maybe and will try this. I know i have lots of people with this same problem because i can not figure this out. If the mailbox is already there how do i access it for that indvidual phone?, or is that what i was in was that mail box?

#209744 02/15/06 11:29 AM
Shawn:

The STS system allows for programming all phones to forward to their mailbox through technician programming as I mentioned earlier. When we install these systems, we intentionally set all extensions to preset forward to voice mail when not answered. Some installers don't do it this way, they just do it for the extensions installed and I think that's the problem you have encountered. They programmed it for everything up to 109, thinking that they will net a service call to add 110.

Their thinking ended up with you being there and they lost the customer. Sure, it may be considered job protection, but sometimes people have to be realistic.

The temporary fix I gave you will work for now, but the flash programming I mentioned is what you really need to be using. Feel free to post back or PM and I will assist you further.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#209745 02/16/06 12:37 PM
OP Offline

#209746 02/16/06 12:40 PM
OP Offline
I never made it out there today. However now i have a voicemail on the Vodavi sts with STRANGE MESSAGES and hanging up on people. I am thinking i will just move the extension and voicemail to a diffrent port :confused: ? I thinking maybe that will fix it, then maybe i could monitor the port, and voicemail somehow, like calling into it periodicaly while at other sites, and i had to install a Nec Aspire today. Luckly i had a guy to program it, and of course i was busy when he programed it. But any way, Any ideas on the voicemail idea.

#209747 02/16/06 05:34 PM
If you are getting whacky messages, especially ones that sound like hang-ups, there's a good chance that the customer went poking around with the "notification" feature in their mailbox.

WAY too frequently, they interpret this as something they need to enter for a message light. This feature is meant for pager notification. The users mistakenly program their extension number to be "notified" so that the receive a message-waiting light and then and endless loop begins.

A message is left, then the VM calls the number programmed (extension) and a hang-up call ends up being left in the mailbox. This is repeated as many times as the system is programmed to allow. We get many calls every single day for this.

It is getting very old............

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#209748 02/17/06 01:09 AM
Wish there was a way to control users access to message notification, or just give the in-skin flash real message delivery. Its only useful for persons carrying a pager, and few people use pagers anymore.

I often get an end-user mistakenly recording silence in their temporary greeting, then cannot figure out why their personal greeting never plays.

Dealer meeting in April...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,395 Shoretel
189,119 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, BobRobert), 111 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024